Finally Rented Some Good 'Uns

→ in
Tools    

I'm brand new to this site- ro doing this kind of thing at all. I've been very active, lately in renting movies, every weekend, and earlier on had been renting some, how does one say... well, they did next-to noying for me.
Last weekend I rented " THe Way fo the Gun", being a Benicio Del Toro ( and Ryan Phillipe, ok. I know he's pretty)and was very impressed by it. Writing, acting, esp on the part of Del Toro, directing, it had it all.I'm not going to try to give too many details,as I'm not good at them, I just know w hat I like. I highly reccommend this film, though, about 2 low-down types who kidnap a girl pregnant with a child who's worth alot of money... And there are some other low-down types involved, including Gene Hackman's character, the body guards of the pregnant woman, aptly played by Taye Diggs and Nicky Katt( sp)?
Interesting flick. Catch it..
What brought me to this site was looking up reviews for another one I enjoyed, and was trying to find reviews on it-"The Third Miracle"I don't consider myself a religious person, or not sure what I beleive, but was almost moved to tears ( being a very visual & emotional person). during this film about a priest ( Ed HArris) trying to get a woman sainted, his fight with the catholic church in attempting to do so, and his own beliefs. I'm still trying to figure out what exactly about this film got my heart beating so
fast, had me gasping, and nearly crying.
I know my mom would have loved this film, as we often watched movies 2gether, she was a fan of Ed HArris, and Movies about religious belief.

MovieForums Extra
Well movieluver welcome to the forums, hope you'll stick around a bit

As for the movies, I remember seeing "The Way of the Gun" on tv a couple of months ago, only caught it mid-way so I didn't really get what was going on, but have an intention to rent it when I find some time. As for "The Third Miracle", I can't say that I've seen it, although from the review you posted it sure does sound interesting. If you want you can check out this post about crying in movies which has some embarrasing confessions by members, including myself :
http://www.movieforums.com/forums/sh...p?threadid=304

I don't remember Way of the Gun well enough to give it a thumbs up or down so I'll say it was entertaining. The part I liked was on the dvd where it lets you look at the original script and ideas for the movie. It was almost totally different! They originally had it with Cameron Diaz and Christopher Walken. Boy am I glad they didn't make that version. It would have stunk!
The Third Miracle sounds interesting. I like Ed Harris, I think I will rent it. Thanks!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
The 3rd Miracle was actually very good ... one of those rare ones that goes straight to video but shouldn't have ...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Since you said The Way of the Gun was cool I rented it last night. I feel asleep watching it last night, I was out all day. But I watched it again today and loved it. I thought it was a surprisingly good movie. It was hard to follow at first, but I gathered what was happening in the end. It had its funny parts too. I'd recomend it to anyone who didn't mind violence, or language. Although the language is only bad in the begining.

I've seen both and liked both. Way of the Gun was like totally raw to me. Especially the beginning fight, it kinda prepares ya for the type of movie you're about to see. Really liked how unpredictable it seemed.

And the Third Miracle, I'm no way religious but really enjoyed Ed Harris in that movie. I don't ever remember seeing it at the theatres which suprises me considering what a touching movie it was.

I just saw The Third Miracle!
I rented it 'cause you said it was good and it was. I love getting recommendations on this board, they are always good. : ) Thanks!

Way of the Gun is directed by Chris McQuarrie who wrote The Usual Suspects, need I say more as to why it is a worthy contribution to the western genre.
Also check out Ang Lees(Crouching Tiger) directing Skeet Urlrich in Ride with The Devil, not as good as WOTG but still an entertaining western.