Let Me In

→ in
Tools    

I like the comment that you brought up that it makes it seem unlike any other vampire movie because i haven't seen any movie where there is a character who is so brutally violent and then loveable 3 minutes after a kill

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I liked both versions but prefer Let the Right One In. I thought the two leads were better than their Let Me In counterparts for one thing. I also felt their connection more in the original.

I'm glad they left that silly cat scene out in Let Me In though. That was just bad.

It sure wasn't as good as the european one.

I was a bit off at first when I heard it was getting made because of the director, I wasn't a fan of most of Cloverfield, but saw this on blu-ray(didn't bother with it at the cinema at the time, wish I did) and was very surprised. I really liked the original but prefered the remake more, it got rid of that cheesy cat sequence in the original(as mentioned already by Godoggo) and some of the special effects were much better in the remake. I also enjoyed the music score by Michael Giacchino, very nice music and used to wonderful effect in one sequence(where Elias Koteas' Detective is walking through the apartment slowly).

Read the book first, really really like it and a lot of stuff in the book that didn't make it into either film, so I recommend the book if you haven't read it, so happy with both film adaptations.

Very nice addition to the Hammer horror company.

Let me in is an American remake of it for lazy Americans who refuse to read subtitles.
I believe the original Swedish version with subtitles not dubbed did very well in English speaking countries, one of the more successful foreign film releases, along with Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and so on.

I really liked Let the Right One In. I'm dubious that Let Me In can really compare.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Deadite - why don't you find out for yourself what Let Me In is like? if an original film is fantastic, a remake turning out to be rubbish for you isn't going to ruin the original, you still have the original.

Wintertriangles - What did you not like about Let Me In?

Deadite - why don't you find out for yourself what Let Me In is like? if an original film is fantastic, a remake turning out to be rubbish for you isn't going to ruin the original, you still have the original.

I'm trying to think of decent remakes, let alone ones as good as the original.

I'll see it, just out of curiosity....

Okay, I've thought of some:

Little Shop of Horrors - better
The Ring - about the same
Dawn of the Dead - decent
King Kong - better
The Fly - better
Halloween - decent
The Thing - better
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - better
The Crazies - better
The Blob - better

^ I can't think of any other recent 00s remakes(I'll go for the 00s since this was and still is the full on era of the remake) that were better than the original apart from one. For me, I found the original quite a chore, but I felt the remake of The Hills Have Eyes was superior to Craven's film and sublime to watch, gorgeously filmed by Alexandre Aja.

Halloween I couldn't stand, absolutely awful. Dawn of the Dead was excellent but still prefer the original. The Crazies I enjoyed but haven't seen the original. The Ring was decent but Ringu is creepier and freaked me out. King Kong I didn't like at all.

Oh, The Uninvited was decent too, the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters, but the original blows it out of the water.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
The Crazies I enjoyed but haven't seen the original. The Ring was decent but Ringu is creepier and freaked me out. King Kong I didn't like at all.
Didn't like King Kong either, but I feel just the opposite about The Ring and Ringu than you do. The Ring scared the bejeebus out of me.

I liked both The Ring and Ringu, but Ringu seemed slower paced and didn't get really scary for me until near the end. The Ring scared me more than most horror movies I've seen. I saw the Ring first, so that likely affected my viewing of the original.

Oh, The Uninvited was decent too, the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters, but the original blows it out of the water.
I didn't knoiw that. I haven't seen either yet, but I have Two Sisters coming up in my netflix queu.

I particularly liked the thread where you you said the film made you want to "vomit in retaliation."
lol

I particularly liked the thread where you you said the film made you want to "vomit in retaliation."
I do remember saying that but do not remember where or for what

Also, A Tale Of Two Sisters is beautifully made

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I'm trying to think of decent remakes, let alone ones as good as the original.

I'll see it, just out of curiosity....

Okay, I've thought of some:

Little Shop of Horrors - better
The Ring - about the same
Dawn of the Dead - decent
King Kong - better
The Fly - better
Halloween - decent
The Thing - better
Invasion of the Body Snatchers - better
The Crazies - better
The Blob - better

I can't agree with the Dawn of the Dead remake

But Let Me In was good, but I really enjoyed the original Let The Right One In much more.

I can't agree with the Dawn of the Dead remake
It's a good remake, one of the better ones to come out. The entire starting sequence is fantastic. What didn't you like about it? unless you meant you can't agree it was decent and think it was better?

Utterly unique, and an original story line! I really wish there were more like this in the Vampire theme! The new American version was not as good as the real deal!