What is your thought on "theatre hop"?

Tools    

I even remember the last movie I saw at that theater, Van Helsing. The theater was so run down at that point they were in the middle of renovation, and I'm assuming they couldn't afford new seats when they sold the old ones, so everyone was sitting in metal fold out chairs!

It's theft. Just straight up. Theatre condition/management indifference is irrelevant; you are using a service you did not pay for.

It's theft. Just straight up. Theatre condition/management indifference is irrelevant; you are using a service you did not pay for.

I have heard people say this.

Now let me ask you: Do you download anything from internet?

Technically it is theft too, you are using a service you did not pay for.

I have heard people say this.

Now let me ask you: Do you download anything from internet?

Technically it is theft too, you are using a service you did not pay for.
Oh I never claimed to be a saint. My personal moral compass has a problem with the direct, in-person, inconsiderate nature of theatre hopping. Not to self-justify with bullsh*t, but stuff I get through the internet is usually either 1. difficult to find through services I already pay for or 2. so old that I consider it unreasonable to go find the "genuine" article. I make no claim that it's "right," but I do consider it a bit different than being in a place of business and looking directly in the faces of the people you're ripping off in real-time.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I've never done it, and honestly I've only even realized it as a possibility a few weeks ago. I forgot what movie I was watching but it just suddenly dawned on me that woah! There are a few hundred people aimlessly wandering the halls from cinema to bathroom at any given time! How have I not thought of this before!? But still, I doubt I would ever do it. I'd probably over think it all and push myself into a self-induced panic attack while in line for snacks before the second show. By the time I'd get to concessions' register, I would most likely be sweating profusely, have developed two ulcers, crying, and apologizing like Andy from Deadwood.

(language spoiler?)

I have purchased a ticket to a great movie that I had already seen with the intent to watch some ****** movie instead. Like, for some idealistic notion that I'd support the better movie with a +1 ticket purchase instead of feeding the mass appealing beast of whatever it was that I watched instead.

=\

I'm a man of principles, damn it!!

I don't actually wear pants.
I don't understand the logic in it. Why pay for one movie and go to a different one? Why not just pay for the one you want to see, or stay home and wait until you're old enough to get into that R-rated film? Dumb.

Though I suppose you could go from one movie to another after the first one ends, but that's cheating someone out of wages he or she might need. Sure, the studio may not need your $10, but the minimum-wager does.