Jeepers Creepers

→ in
Tools    

Hey! I liked this movie, I saw it just now.
It has that old time sci-fi feel to it with a twist. The monster is a winged demon.

Review below, possible [red]SPOILER[/red]

The dialog in the driving scene is very good. You can tell they're brother & sister 'cause they annoy each other. The guy did a good job of being scared witless too. That was excellent. Setting the movie out in the country to give it that isolated helpless feeling worked well. Why they went to the pipe was stupid but kind of believable. I mean wouldn't curiosity get to you? And what if they were still alive? Me, I would drive really really fast and get to a phone, but some people might go back. I liked that the movie wasn't set at the church. I thought, here we go, the rest of the movie is going to take place at the church but it didn't. I liked that there were a bunch of people in this movie too. The arriving at the local diner scene reminded me of many other such sci-fi scenes. Hey a meteor crashed! Hey there's a big ant on that building etc.. In fact I thought all the diner people were going to band together against it. I liked that the cops came, not like in other movies where they never get there until it's all over. And I liked that the cops all knew about it. The police dept scene reminded me of Terminator tho. I liked when it flew across the moon.

What I didn't like:
Why did it whistle? The title. Everything after they got to the police station. But in it's defense, every movie has it's battle scene, where the good guys battle it out and make a last stand be it in the town hall, grocery store or whatever. They could have left out the whole tie in with the song but I guess they needed a gimmick to build suspense.

I would not call this movie crap. In fact 3/4 of it was really good. It's only at the end when they get to the police station that it falters. I would call it a good movie with a bad ending. It's worth renting I think. I've rented worse. Did you guys figure out the license plate thing? BEATNGU, not beating you, be eating you.

I saw this last Wednesday with my homegirl, but forgot to post about it.

This movie ate it. I'm sorry, I don't see how it was interesting, original, etc at all. As Wart said in an earlier post, they bungled this one good.

For one, how stupid are these characters? Their lives are pretty much inexplicably saved, and instead of going to the authorities, they GO BACK TO THE PIPE. How dumb is this? There at least could have been a better explanation for going back than "what if they're still alive?" That is so cliched and lame. Not to mention, the movie falls prey to the DUMBEST cliche in the book: the psychic. 75% of bad horror movies have a psychic. It's like the angry authority figure in triumph-of-the-human-spirit movies. It's so weak. The only part that I liked (and laughed at) was when he pulled the tongue out of the severed head with his teeth. That was bangin.

SPOILERS BELOW

Dude, Steve, how is that stupid? They spelled it out for you: they might be saving a life. They're taking a chance. That was NOT stupid. It was surprisingly intelligent for a horror movie. Anyway, I agree that the pyschic was a bit out of place.

But, I have to reiterate my earlier comments: the first half was AMAZING. The big truck and the pipe and all that was truly terrifying. The camera angles were great and I was genuinely creeped out. A couple times in the first half I turned around to see my brother (he was in the row behind me) with my eyes sort of wide and my mouth hanging open, and he just nodded, as if to say "Yeah, that WAS scary. It's not just you. That was good."

Amazing first half...AMAZING. Completely, 100% amazing. Scary and clever. Great filmmaking. Second half was B-movie material. What a shame.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Steve N.
Cassie?

Originally posted by OG-
Originally posted by Steve N.
Cassie?
Nah...Chelsea

CHELSEA.

See A Day in the Life. All the shockin veggiterien details are there.