What is your favorite movie genre?

Tools    

Documentary and war.

I like documentaries. I like to learn and be informed. Triumph of the Will (1934), The Memphis Belle (1944), Night and Fog (aka Nuit et Brouillard) (1955), The Plow that Broke the Plains (1936) are all fantastic docus.

As for war movies, Schindlers List (1993), Idi i smotri (1985), The Pianist (2002), Das Boot (1981), The General (1926) and The Great Escape (1963) are among my favorites.

Romantic comedy is my least favorite movie genre.

romantic movies
comedy
thriller
fantasy

Banned from Hollywood.
1.Social/Psychological (ie: drama, etc)

2.Adventure (ie: cop, odd buddies movies, etc)

3.Sci-Fi/Fantasy

4.Thriller/Horror

5.Period/Western

I like

1- Action Movies
2- Sci-fi
3- Adventure

I like comedy when it is done well
but most of the recent ones are very dumb

Ray

Female Jungle Poster
Most romantic comedies fall flat with me, since I often don't dig the leading actresses of that genre (i.e. Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan, Jennifer Aniston, Andie Mcdowell, etc.).

Originally Posted by regnif
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Now You're talkin' my kind of movies! LOTR, Harry Potter, Legend...anything mystical and/or mythological.

(Though I fear I love those movies mostly for the costumes, jewelry, accessories, set designs, what have you. But don't tell anyone! )

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

I like romantic comedy, suspense and animation movies.

sci-fi thriller

It doesn't really matter, but mostly I can't resist old horror/giallo.

Children's animation

I may be nearing 30, but I'm definitely not grown up. Sure my absolute favorite movies mostly fall into other genres, but my ever expanding collection of cartoon movies get far more views than the rest.

Pixar is by far the best studio for it, but I actually find their most widely loved film - Toy Story (and its sequel) - to be one of their weakest efforts. Besides Pixar, my favorite animated films are:

Flushed Away
Surf's Up
Charlotte's Web
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Over the Hedge
Shrek (and all its sequels)
Brother Bear
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Chicken Run

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
1. Love Story
2. Action
3. Comedy
4. Sci-fi

Making a difference
drama, crime, horror & romance. dnt mind adventures too

Mostly I like the kind of films they don't make any more: film noir, crime movies set in 1920-1950 (but the earlier the better), prison movies, Westerns--mostly films with Cagney, Bogart, Robinson, Cooper, Ladd, Lancaster, Marvin, McCrae, Fonda, all those late, great stars.

I'm not much on sci-fi (unless it's made like an old Saturday afternoon serial like Star Wars). Martial arts bore me except when done by Jackie Chan who makes it funny. Mostly I don't like films with lots of blood and gore, having already seen too much of the real thing. I can appreciate special effects when well done like in Forrest Gump, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, but I don't films that rely only on special effects, particularly car chases.

1. drama 2. romance 3. documentary 4. horror

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

my favorite movie is anak, which tackles about how moms sacrifies a lot for their children and how they show loved for their children, and for children to have respect for their parents.