The South Park thread

Tools    

Very good episode. I can't help but feel they kinda spoofed Facebook more than they satirized it, if anyone gets my meaning, but merging it with Tron was pretty clever and I chuckled plenty. The only reason I'm not head over heels for it is because brilliant episodes like "Margaritaville" have basically ruined me for all the others, simply because I'm always aware of what this show is capable of.

But putting such unrealistic expectations aside, I really liked this last one.

Beware The Probe!

South Park has always been one of my favorite cartoons.
The new season has been consistently hilarious week after week.

I couldn't believe how funny the KFC episode with the cancer balls was.
I laughed so hard I literally couldn't breathe.

The Facebook one was awesome too.
So much truth to it.

The latest two-parter was a bit of a let down though.
Damn the network censors.
Maybe the DVD will release the full episode untouched.

I still haven't seen it. My DVR didn't record it, and when I went to record the later showing, it had been replaced with a rerun. Last I checked it still wasn't on their site. My brother recorded it, though, so I'll probably check it out tomorrow.

Parker and Stone are dead-on, as usual. It's beyond absurd that people actually have to fear violent retribution for this.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I agree. I watch the first installment of the latest episode and while it wasn't as funny as the other episodes prior I enjoyed it but the second half was censored more than the one I saw before hand and it really did make it even more hilarious.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are complete ledgends!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I love this show. Eric Cartman is the greatest character in an animated show ever, IMO. Equal parts racist, sexist, insulting and just plain abrasive, he's the poster child for everything wrong with the world today.

My favourite episodes aren't episodes, per se. They're actually storylines; the Imaginationland trilogy, the Coon & Friends saga and the three episode series where each episode is told from each character's perspective in one night.

I don't recall that last one offhand...?

Really great show, and probably the closest thing to conservative satire (which there's usually a dearth of) out there right now, though without being overtly partisan.

I'll take Homer Simpson over Cartman, but he's way up there, and this show's really just gotten better with age. The second half of last season was about as consistently strong as some of the best runs they've ever had. I've been rewatching big chunks of the series lately on Netflix, and while it's all pretty good, the way they've polished their tone over the years really shows when you jump a decade back to compare. It's the same show, but it's gradually evolved into the best version of itself.

That last three episode storyline was where Stan's sister babysat Cartman, Stan went to the meteor sighting party, where the ATF, I think, thought that they were a murderous cult, and Kyle and Kenny attended Jewbilee. I think it was in Season 3, but it was a great little story. Of course, Cartman's episode was the best, but each of them are worth watching.

My actual "favourite" episode, not storylines, is 1%, from Season 15, which I felt was the best example of South Park greatness; still has that classic abrasive humour, but also a very engrossing story, in which Cartman's stuffed toys are being mysteriously killed. It ends with a wonderful moment where you realise just how clever Parker and Stone are, by ending with conclusion of Cartman finally growing up (if only just a bit).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Have to say the funniest episode that I ve seen yet is the Jennifer Lopez hand puppet one.

They just love to take a dig at Ben Affleck too.

The songs in the episode are a masterpiece in themselves.

"Don't theenk just because I got a lotta money I'll geeve you taco flavoured keeses honey".

I love the fact that the real J Lo was quite shocked when she saw it.

LOL

We've gone on holiday by mistake
OMG had to post about the Soth Park spelling bee vs the home schooled kids.

It isnt really that funny up until the moment that they get that impossible word at the end, something like croxaldyphiphic.

One of the kids (Cartman I think) asks for it to be used in a sentence and the Mayor says;

"Croxaldyphiphic is a hard word to spell"

Just had me crying with laughter.

Also when Cartman asks for "Chair" to be used in a sentence is pretty funny.

I saw the Cartman vs Wendy fight episode the other day. Classic, don't know how I missed that one.

It's all in the reflexes.
Love it, they have done so well to keep it going fresh. I have to say my favourite character is the one and only.....Randy Marsh.

IMO

1. Homer Simpson
2. Randy Marsh
3. Roger Smith
4. Eric Cartman
5. Stewie Griffen

Is anyone here a fan of the show. I just bought seasons 5-10. Seen most of them on TV, but it's cool that I can now watch them anytime on my portable DVD player.

If you're a fan, what's your favorite episode? And who's your favorite character?

I've merged this with an existing thread on the topic. Also, a new thread on this topic would go in the Television and Music forum, anyway. Just FYI.

Anybody watching the new season? It hasn't been bad but it hasn't been great either. As i've already said i'm not a fan of the running plot structure. I like it in theory but not in the execution so far. I think Season 18 had the right idea, individual stories with a running subplot, i think the problem with that Season was just that it had bad episodes i think if they kept that up they would've got it right by now. Don't like that they've made the full season a running plot, my main problem is that while i love the over the top exaggerations from South Park but when it is based on the one storyline throughout a season the jokes often get repetitive and drawn out. This quitting twitter is like suicide joke for example has already got really boring and will no doubt continue throughout the season.

What i did love in this Season so far was:

WARNING: "south park" spoilers below
The Gerald is skankbang or whatever twist. I didn't see it coming and the second episode montage with bridges blowing up and stuff was legit great. Knowing South Park it is most likely a jews run the media joke but i don't care because i think Gerald is a great character and i like that he's getting some use. I do hope there's more of a story to it from his conversation with Ike it seems like it is just for fame hope that isn't the case.

A similar thing that didn't work for me:

WARNING: "south park" spoilers below
The fakeout at the start of the second episode where it leads you to believe the girl is going to jump in the bridge but it turns out she just dropped her phone in the river. It was so obvious, maybe if she didn't have her phone in her hands i wouldn't have but i suppose the fakeout wouldn't have worked then. And no idea why they repeated it with the drawn out journey to the cabin as if they are going to kill Cartman but they destroy his laptop instead. Although my favourite line of the episode may have came from this part: when Cartman randomly pointed out the shovel.

So yeah, hope some of you guys have been watching.