The South Park thread

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Am I gonna get yelled at for not knowing much about the show!!

Is Kenny always cold? He reminds me of me!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Welcome to the human race...
Yes, it's always winter in South Park.
There was at least one episode set in summertime.

Brilliant episode last night. I love it when, about halfway in, someone says something, and you suddenly realize what the episode's angle is. Really good stuff, after two pretty solid episodes to start the season. I dunno how they can maintain this level of quality so deep into the show's run. Whatever it started as, South Park has morphed into something completely new and unique, and I really think we're going to look back on it a couple decades from now as having produced some genuinely brilliant satire.

"Aaaaand...it's gone."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
South Park is legendary some of the episodes are fantastic and it is definatly one of the best and unique show's on tv and where do the they keep getting these idea's from.

One of my favorites has got to be "Overlogging" the ending of that episode was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed... Gotta love Stan's dad

"Did you see the ghost? It just passed through here! Ectoplasm! it left behind its ectoplasm! did you see it?"

TOO FUNNY

The King of Movies
The last few seasons have been hilariouse.

Randy Marsh has been getting funnier and funnier latly. That episode when he was a pro-Barack Obama suporter was hillariouse.

Damn it. Season 13 doesn't premiere on local TV until God knows when - I've had to resort to watching the episodes online, and they do chew up bandwidth.

Speaking of which, has anyone formed an opinion on who Mysterion really is?

Damn it. Season 13 doesn't premiere on local TV until God knows when - I've had to resort to watching the episodes online, and they do chew up bandwidth.

Speaking of which, has anyone formed an opinion on who Mysterion really is?
I don't think Mysterion is meant to be anyone. Showing only his face, with no hair or hats or anything, was the joke, since if you take away a few defining features like apparel, all of the children in South Park look the same for the most part, aside from Cartman and Token.

I adored the episode though. Not even for how funny it was, but the idea of it.

Recent episodes have been pretty lacking , the last one with the recession/christ theme was brilliant though on par with the older seasons.

South Park has morphed into something completely new and unique
Having seen pretty much every episode I would say it started off as more outlandish cartoon that was overly offensive for it's time with minor satire mixed in. The longer the series has gone on the more obvious and structural the satire has become , with movies and recent events being the obvious influences for around seasons 6-9.

Sometimes an episode dealing with something I know a lot about is either really amazing or just ignorant. Then stuff that I just heard about and don't know much about usually works more consistently.

I don't think Mysterion is meant to be anyone. Showing only his face, with no hair or hats or anything, was the joke, since if you take away a few defining features like apparel, all of the children in South Park look the same for the most part, aside from Cartman and Token.

I adored the episode though. Not even for how funny it was, but the idea of it.
Yeah, I know it's part of the joke, but even watching the episode you could pick up hints as to who it could be (i.e. it isn't Kyle because Mysterion asks him for help, it isn't Craig because the Pandemic two-parter shows he'd never want to be a superhero, etc.)

I'm thinking it could be Kenny, though.

I just watched an interview with Parker and Stone and learned about Mary Kay Bergman.

I am actually liking the new season so far, and I thought 12 was a little under-par. The Mysterion episode was a great riff on DK, the latest one was the most spot-on episode I've seen in a while. The jokes and overall theme never missed a beat.

...uh the post is up there...

Tonight's episode captured the essence of everything South Park is about. It wasn't a spoof on anything, but it was disgusting, over the top offensive humor that makes South Park the amazing show it is. Such a throwback to classic episodes. My opinion of course.