Who are your favorite action stars?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I've never heard that Christophe Lambert is deaf, partially or otherwise. One thing is for certain: he's a terrible actor. He's fine in the first Highlander for what it is, and his awkwardness works in Luc Besson's Subway to an extent, but other than that, yowza, what a dud. That he got to nail Diane Lane for so many years is just beyond unfair.
I agree almost completely. The movie of his that I enjoyed was Greystoke.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The first third of Greystoke is decent, and all the stuff back in the U.K. is bullox.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I always though Christopher Lambert was kind of awkward and creepy but it kind of worked for him in the Highlander series.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I'm certainly no fan of Brendan Fraser, and I can't even sit through those loud, dumb Mummy flicks, but to give him his props, he's quite good in both The Quiet American and Gods & Monsters - serious movies that not only did he not ruin them, but he actually added something with his performances.

But as an action star, he don't rate at all.
Not trying to do anything here but point out something to you...You replied to another thread titled "movies that keeps you in ur seat" and stated that you never left a movie no matter how bad it is. Yet here you cant sit through certain ones? Funny as it seems I am with you on the never walking out on a movie, no matter how bad it is including the Mummy films. Wondering where you really "sit" on this topic?

I ate all your bees.
Dont get me wrong, I really dont mind Lambert. Highlander was a great movie, Mortal Kombat 1 was great. Mortal Kombat Annihilation was an abomination, I fear MK: Domination will be equally as good.

Goodness, I didn't see those stupid Mummy flicks in the theater. What kind of a sucker do you think I am? I've never walked out of a movie theatrically, no matter how awful. But *****, I'll change the television channel easy.

Glad I could clear up such a complicated and controversial topic.

Favorites…

McQueen
Connery
Arnold
Bruce Lee
Eastwood
Cage
Gibson
Ford
Jean Reno
Jackman
Sigourney Weaver
Viggo Mortensen
Wes Studi

DrenaiWarrior , the guy in Braveheart who played Steven was David O’Hara…

Oh, and I paid money to see The Mummy… and I enjoyed it and am not sorry I did…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hi
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Dont get me wrong, I really dont mind Lambert. Highlander was a great movie, Mortal Kombat 1 was great. Mortal Kombat Annihilation was an abomination, I fear MK: Domination will be equally as good.
Lambert wasn't in Annihiliation, if you didnt meant that i apologize in advance.
I have high hopes for Domination, hopefully they'll learn from the second one and make it more like the first. And yes I like Paul Anderson for directing MK. And no I haven't seen Soldier.

Hi
Toshiro Mifune was the first person who came to mind when i saw this but I felt reluctant to call him an action star by today's standards. Eh what the hell, he is one of the greatest actors period.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Lassie.
I like Rin Tin Tin

Holy bombs make holy holes...
Harrison Ford
Clint Eastwood
Arnie
Bruce Willis
Sean Connery
Lee Marvin
Steve McQueen
Dennis: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

-The Holy Grail

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by Sidewinder
he wasn't even the guy in the second Mortal Combat thought was he??? It didn't sound or really look like him at all? Does anyone know, cuz I think it was a different actor than Lambert in the second MK movie??

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Evolution in Progress...
Oh sorry... this was already addressed...my bad

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
DrenaiWarrior , the guy in Braveheart who played Steven was David O’Hara…
Thanx

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, Jet Li, Harrison Ford, and yes Bruce Lee

Mel Gibson, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Sonny Chiba, Sean Connery

^^spammer

I'm really liking Jason Statham these days...Lock, Stock...Snatch...The Transporter...Crank...

Horrorphiliac

Arnold Schwarzenegger,Bruce Willis(those two kind of define the word "action")as for Action movies with Clint Eastwood i have only watched "The Rookey" and "Pink Cadilac" and I enjoyed them

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Originally Posted by JBriscoe
^^spammer

I'm really liking Jason Statham these days...Lock, Stock...Snatch...The Transporter...Crank...
I was wondering why no mentioned Stratham. He is just so calm and collected while kicking in people's faces. I haven't seen Crank yet, does anyone have a review?