What is your favorite Trilogy or Saga of all time

Tools    

What is you Favorite Trilogy or Saga of all time, I have 3, The Back to The Future Trilogy, The Star Wars Trilogy, and The Indiana Jones Trilogy.
I think the series of Thin Man films (7, I think) with William Powell and Myrna Loy have the more modern attempts beat hands down.

Other great early multi-film sagas:

Charlie Chan

Ma & Pa Kettle

Francis the Talking Mule

Hope & Crosby On the Road

Wasn't that crazy about Blondie (or was it Dagwood?)

The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy has to top my list. I also enjoyed the Bourne Trilogy.

For me:

Star Wars (4-6)
Matrix
Jersey Trilogy (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy...though Dogma is my fav Kevin Smith movie)

The Dollars Trilogy, Die Hard, Rambo, Indiana Jones, Bourne Trilogy, Romero's Dead series, Friday The 13th, Halloween, Alien, and thats all i can think of at the moment :P

Welcome to the human race...
Indiana Jones and The Evil Dead trilogies are at the top of the heap for me.

My top 5 fave:

5. The Bourne Identity
The spy theme was never really one of my favorite genres. Therefore I avoided the first Bourne flick when it came out in theatres. However, when I did catch it on TV, I was surprised & impressed by it's ability to both keep me intrigued & "thrilled". I rented the second, which I liked even better & it resulted in me making the effort of seeing the third in theatres. After the Ultimatum, with its "intelligently"-handled action scenes & the series' bad-ass ending, the Bourne Trilogy became for me one those extremely rare trilogies where each successive movie actually was consistantly better than the one that preceded it.

4. Lord Of The Rings
When I first heard that LotR was being adapted onto film, I was really rooting for it to be so bad-ass that it would become my favorite trilogy series of all time.
And even though I still like it, it still falls short of the top of my list mainly due the combination of the synopsical feel of the story & basically, the lack of hatable villians in these movies. Don't get me wrong, they're kick-ass looking villians & their concepts are great, but because so much is trying to be fit in the limited space of the running times, it doesn't feel to me like anyone one can jump up & down when the good guys finally beat 'em.
However, that's still just a minor quibble. I was really glad to see a series of the fantasy genre finally get adapted into film with the respect & effort of the quality highest quality.

3. Terminator
In my mind, after a movie has been made by James Cameron, it's sequel should not be touched by any other director. The Alien series is a good example. In the Terminator, while I believe that it's 3rd. installment didn't need to get made, it at least wasn't so bad that it completely ruined the franchise. Though nowhere near as good as the first two, & depending on one's mood during it's viewing (it can easily be regarded as forgettable), it's story at least manages to run alongside with the that of it's predecessors, without diminishing their impact of greatness into the sci-fi world. It's serves it's purpose to just be a preriod at the end of a really great statement.

2. Star Wars (original)
What happens when you don't find out until it's too late that:
A.)the leader of a vast galactic Empire that has been corrupted by the darkside is really your dad,
and B.) that a beautiful Princess that you have the hots for is really your sister?
Well, for the first part, you turn your life over to the Force, lead a rebellion against the Empire until your dad sees the light & dies a hero.
...and then,
just pretend that the second part never really happened.

The Skywalkers.
The first royal family of celestinal dysfunctionality.
No wonder so many nerds could relate to this space-faring epic saga.

1. The Godfather
So in the end, even though my four aforementioned trilogies are films will always be in the category of multiple viewings in my DVD collection, when it comes to choosing which one is the best, I must admit, I still gotta go with the trilogy that contains my favorite movie of all time (so far).

For me, one of the greatest films series ever, even with the lackluster of the third chapter. Which, even though I don't find matching in quality with its predessors, I still tend to disagree with the public opinion on this. IMO Godfather-3 IS a quality film, bitchez.
Obviously, it can't compare to the first two, but in the genre of mob-flicks, it kicks it's own particuler brand of mafia ass.
Plus, with it's redemption-themed, politically-charged corporation/Vatican storyline,
it's a pretty godd@mn smart movie, too (now, if only Sofia Coppola would've gotten shot at the beginning of the film instead of the end, maybe this film would get a little bit more respect). So while I know that I will always be in the minutest of the minority in regards the third chapter, IMO, it doesn't take anything away from the franchise as a whole.
And as part of La Famiglia Corlene saga, I still find watching the series as a trilogy to be quite a fulfilling movie-viewing experience.

the Matrix......

I like Indiana jones too.Its really different concept based movie.Another one is transformer.Whole concept too much advance than thinking.

Welcome to the human race...
I like Indiana jones too.Its really different concept based movie.Another one is transformer.Whole concept too much advance than thinking.

This is pretty hard to narrow down to just one trilogy so I will give my top three.

The Godfather Trilogy
The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
The Original Star Wars Trilogy

The Bourne Trilogy does it for me. To me, a successful trilogy is one that progressively gets better and tops their predeccessors. For the first time in my life I was much more impressed with the 'third part' of the story. They got better and better and that's incredibly difficult to do.

Projecting the image of success
Austin Powers
Naked Gun
The Matrix
The Lord of the Rings
Original Star Wars
Saw 1-3 (the fourth was rubbish)

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Hmm, y'all are going to think I'm waaaay out there with this but there were these Doberman Movies that I LOVED as a kid. They are probably very dated now. I haven't seen them in ages but just for sentiment's sake, that's my fav trilogy.
The Doberman Gang (1972)

The Daring Dobermans (1973)

The Amazing Dobermans (1976)

Second would be the Dollars Trilogy.

Third would be, if you count them as a trilogy at all, the Kevin Smith movies.

I'd like to say the Trinity movies also but there are only two of them.

Definitely the lord of the rings.

Back ot the futuerTrilogy
The Bourn Trilogy i don't have the third one yet.
X-Men Trilogy
teeange mutant ninjas turtles Trilogy