Rank The Saw Movies

Tools    

On a related note, has anyone ever had a marathon of the entire series in a row? I've done it a few times, it's fun provided you have a day set aside with no plans and the patience to sit through seven movies in a row.

I have all seven of them on DVD. They're all entertaining in their own way, but some are definitely better than others.
Saw
Saw 2
Saw 6
Saw 3
Saw 7
Saw 4
Saw 5
The first two movies are just about tied as my favorites of the series. They were both really intense with some genuinely interesting characters, and the twist ending to each one caught me completely off guard. The third one had some of the best traps, but after seeing how it ended I had a feeling it was just going to go downhill from there.
I thought the fifth was the weakest in that some of its traps were ones that you'd seen in other movies before, such as the swinging pendulum and the closing walls. And there was no twist at the end, just an ending.
The sixth, however, was the best one to come after the second. The story was more interesting than those of the three films that preceded it, and although the twist wasn't much it was still surprising.
Overall, Saw isn't my favorite franchise, but I'd say it's somewhere in my top ten. Also, I think that Tobin Bell should be in more movies because that guy is awesome.

Seeing as there's some Saw fans here, I thought I'd share this, a rare animated version of the Rebirth prequel comic:

On a related note, I wonder if next year for the 10th anniversary if we might get a new sequel or a re-release of the original? I can't imagine nothing not being done for the occasion.

Not Enough Time
I thought the fifth was the weakest in that some of its traps were ones that you'd seen in other movies before, such as the swinging pendulum and the closing walls. And there was no twist at the end, just an ending.
How can you say that? I agree it wasn't a total surprise as in some new factor was revealed that wasn't apparent the whole time, but I still think the ending was good, AND it showed Jigsaw in a different light. I like Saw 5 because, well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the traps are different and I like the overall concept. You probably know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I have I-V on DVD, I've seen VI, and I haven't seen Final Chapter or(and?) 3D. But this is how I rank 1-6. And I also want to say I rank them on the enjoyability after seeing them multiple times and knowing the endings.

II
I
V
IV
VI
III

1 only out beats 5 because its cooler every time I see it to see little things which are brought back in later movies. Also, 6 might beat 4, I get them mixed up and I haven't seen 4 in a while, 6 even longer of a while.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

How can you say that? I agree it wasn't a total surprise as in some new factor was revealed that wasn't apparent the whole time, but I still think the ending was good, AND it showed Jigsaw in a different light. I like Saw 5 because, well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but the traps are different and I like the overall concept. You probably know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I have I-V on DVD, I've seen VI, and I haven't seen Final Chapter or(and?) 3D. But this is how I rank 1-6. And I also want to say I rank them on the enjoyability after seeing them multiple times and knowing the endings.

II
I
V
IV
VI
III

1 only out beats 5 because its cooler every time I see it to see little things which are brought back in later movies. Also, 6 might beat 4, I get them mixed up and I haven't seen 4 in a while, 6 even longer of a while.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the fact that they explored Jigsaw's past a little more. I will admit I like that aspect of the film.

Saw II
Saw
Saw III
Saw VI
Saw V
Saw IV
Saw VII

I forgot to ask, but has anyone played the two Saw video games? I only played the first one and it was pretty good, it ties into the films very interestingly and filled in some of the gaps.

For anyone who's a fan, here's a neat little bonus, the Full Disclosure Report fake documentary from the first movie's Special Editon:

Relating to the topic at hand, did anyone go to the Halloween Horror Nights Saw attraction? It looks pretty fun from this video:

I liked the first few, but got a bit tired of them after awhile. :/

The series did go on for quite long, but I do think it's pretty remarkable how for six straight years we got a new installment on a yearly basis.

Speaking of Saw attractions, has anyone here been to the Thorpe Park roller coaster in the U.K.? It looks pretty fun.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Saw

The rest.

Honestly, the original is where it's at. The rest followed a tired formula every year and all blend together. With the exception of the sequel and maybe 3, the rest (4, 5, 6, 7) all blend together for me.

Suspect's Reviews

Weird thing is, Saw II was on last night and I actually tuned in to see which one it was because I couldn't remember/decipher which one was which... when I realised which one, I turned off straight away

Basically I tuned in just to remember which one II was.