Portable DVD Players

Tools    

Hey, I am planning on asking for a portable DVD player for Christmas, and I have heard that they don't last long and are not worth the money. I really want one and I think one could be very useful for me.

Anybody have personal experiences with portable DVD players (hopefully good ones) or can suggest which brands are the best?

Any help is much appreciated, please steer me the right way so I don't regret my choice.

I have one of these. The friend that gave it to me owned it for about a year and I've had it for about 6 months. It's a nice little machine. You can hook it up to a TV and it has earphone jacks and all that jazz. You can find it for a lot cheaper than at this site too because this is an older model. Audiovox has a newer bigger screened model now for about the same price that these guys are asking for for this machine.

For that price it's almost worth it to add a couple hundred bucks and get a laptop. Then again, it's a gift your asking for and that's probably a bit too much.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Oh yeah, it pretty excellent for a small screen. I mean, it's only 7". But it works fine. I've seen them for as low as 50 bucks on craigslist. But the newer models are a little bigger. I like this one because it fits in my lunch box, so I can watch stuff at work on a slow day.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I had one for Christmas about 5 years ago and only recently have we had to get rid of it, it was fantastic fair play. We used it every night in bed and times when we went out places with my little boy. I would recommend that you get an accessory pack with an in car charger, even if you havent got a car etc. Its always good to have it for journeys