Charlie Kaufman and Spike Jonze doing new Horror film

Tools    

Do you know my poetry?
Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman, the Adaptation team, are collaborating on an untitled horror film for Columbia Pictures that Kaufman is writing, with Jonze set to direct. What are they thinking!? In my opinion this wont work, Charlie is not a horror writer, even though I dont think it will work, I still wanna see how they direct this horror movie.

I totally disagree, I think Charlie could be a great horror writer. He obviously has a dark sense of his own reality, and most of the situations he writes about are pretty disturbing. Adaptation, while very funny, had very disturbing scenes and themes. As did Being John Malkovich, which just a plain creepy story. Personally this a dream come true for me to have these guys working on a horror movie. It is almost asuredly going to be really twisted.

I agree with projectMayhem!

Do you know my poetry?
I disagree with both of you guys, although I would like to see how this project turns out.

A novel adaptation.
Is this about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or what?

Because I don't think it's a horror film, and I'm pretty sure that's their next project.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Herod
Is this about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, or what?

Because I don't think it's a horror film, and I'm pretty sure that's their next project.
Well all I heard was their currently writing the screenplay to an Untitled Horror project for Columbia Pictures

Who knows what kaufman has in mind, but my guess is that he's doing somewhat of a parody. Or the "horror Project" isn't a horror project at all and it's Jonze and Kaufman's idea of a joke. But he's way too original to do a standard genre picture, so don't think you'll be seeing a movie similar to a Wes Craven film. I know almost nothing about what the movie is going to be and I'm already looking forward to seeing it.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
If Charlie Kaufman wrote White Chicks 2, I'd see it.
He is very good... but something about the end of Adaptation pissed me off.... I dunno what it is though. I loved the movie up till the very end.
"Directing ain't about drawing a neat little picture and showing it to the cameraman. I didn't want to go to film school. I didn't know what the point was. The fact is, you don't know what directing is until the sun is setting and you've got to get five shots and you're only going to get two." - David Fincher