The MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1930s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Gone with the Wind wins this one, because users are normies.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
YOU'RE A NORMIE
I was dangerously close to being one a couple of times, but I always snapped out of it in time. Thank God.
Also i think Wizard of Oz has a better chance than Gone With The Wind
Between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Porky in Wackyland followed by The Music Box. Seriously. Don't forget to watch those on YouTube. Also don't forget The Young in Heart, Queen Christina, Love Me Tonight, Show Boat, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Pygmalion, etc.

I'm definitely sending in a list of 25 but still trying to cram in a few more movies first!
Glad to here it. You guys are sending in some great choices. As the host I should have gotten to include a full 100 films on my list

There's only 2 weeks left to get your voting list in.

The deadline to send your list in is: the morning of September 30, 2018 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time Zone.

The actual countdown will be starting in the first week of October.

*submitted*
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Submitted my list

I aimed to watch 30 films of the 30s; I ended up watching a few more than that plus a couple of rewatches, and had a very interesting time.

Looking forward to seeing how the countdown turns out!

The deadline, is coming up real soon!

It's
the morning of September 30, 2018 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time Zone. So literally after September 29th midnight it's too late to send in a list. Don't miss out

That's Only 6 More Days Left (counting today)

1930's? Whoah! I barely know any 50's movies, let alone the 30's.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Worth Googling some best of lists, you'd be surprised how many classics are from the 1930s. It's hard to name a bunch off the top of your head, but there's a lot there. Several great Marx Bros. movies came out during the 1930s, for example.

I'm still getting in some last watches - my list won't arrive until some time on this coming Saturday. Really hope we get enough for a top 100 despite the seeming general lack of enthusiasm around this place for this.