Twilight Zone Reboot

Tools    

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...access-1050554

"The Twilight Zone is entering a new dimension.

CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight-to-series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves' initial announcement.

The news comes as CBS All Access has found success with its revival of Star Trek: Discovery, which the streamer said drove record subscriptions to the platform."

I'm fine with this. The Twilight Zone is a top ten show for me but i think the 80's and 2000's revivals had some good episodes and i think this will be the same. They'll never be able to replicate the original coz Rod Serling was so important to it and more than anything they are just aping the title, but whatever horror/sci-fi anthology shows are fun.

I don't actually wear pants.
Hm, well, I guess this isn't so bad, but I'm honestly not interested. I have all five seasons of the original show on DVD (although they're kind of crappy discs), so I'll be happy with that. I mean, just because something new comes into being doesn't mean the older thing goes away. It's just more stuff to enjoy, if I so choose, which I don't really here.

This might just do nobody any good.
If it means a couple mini-Get Outs, I’m in.

If not, I guess Black Mirror’s got us covered.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Probably won't measure up to Amazing Stories.

Been watching TZ with my gf, and it blows me away how well it holds up.

I am rewatching Night Gallery.. Rod Serling's later effort at entertaining our nerve ends. I welcome a reboot of the original Twilight Zone as it was a classic. Get a hologramic Rod Serling to front. Whether he hosts it or not is irrelevant as many of the original stories and screenplays were written by the master.

Looks great! And check out all those stars
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I watched the first two, and I wasn't overly impressed. I recall vividly the series from around 1960, and Rod Serling's hosting really made the show. The guy they have in the new one is too lightweight. If they wanted to use a black man, they needed a Morgan Freeman type-- someone with charisma.

The second episode was better, and made it feel more contemporary. Adam Scott did a nice job as the lead.

The show isn't bad for a network production. And it's nice that they keep the original theme music, font, and format. IMO they should have put their best story first in order to corral people's interest. It'll be interesting to me to hear how new young audiences will take to the premise.

~Doc

Boldly going.
I'm really enjoying this show. Good production values, a-list stars, and they use the F word. Bravo and I hope they keep up the good work.