Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
The Magnificent Ambersons (1942)

What annoys me is that the studio edited a lot without Welles' consent. He came to Brazil shortly after filming, and the studio ran and removed much of the pessimism, edited scenes, and even filmed a new ending without him knowing... They were not able to destroy the film, but look, if he had had the freedom like in the previously one, this movie would have had potential to equate, or even outdo C. Kane.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
What Planet Are You From? - 7/10
I didn't think it was THAT bad. I wonder if this is the highest score for this movie. I also think I wouldn't like it as much if I never saw Garry Shandling's work.... I watched an interview days before it was released, and Garry mentioned he wanted to take more chances, while Nichols only stuck to the story.

The other movie I watched yesterday was also centered around a pregnancy and birth.. "Tomorrow" (w/ Duvall) and the day before I saw two movies that were similar (Juliet of the Spirits, Arizona Dream) - all coincidental.

The last movie i saw was "Ready player 1". Yeah, i know "what have you been doing since?". I just havent had time recently. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was highly futuristic. What i enjoyed most was the extent to which AR and VR can go in our society. It showed the negatives( people stop having time for the people around them, although, don't we already do that with mobile phones), it also showed the limitless capabilities of technology. I will give the movie an 8/10.

The last movie i saw was "Ready player 1". Yeah, i know "what have you been doing since?". I just havent had time recently. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was highly futuristic. What i enjoyed most was the extent to which AR and VR can go in our society. It showed the negatives( people stop having time for the people around them, although, don't we already do that with mobile phones), it also showed the limitless capabilities of technology. I will give the movie an 8/10.

Les Misérables (Richard Boleslawski, 1935)
+
Second version I've watched and still I have no fecking idea which one is Les

+
Less Miserable means The Miserable in french... it's about the hardship and misery of the characters.

It's a depressing novel by Victor Hugo.

Most of his novels are about hardship his characters endure.

Edit: want more depressing films/novels....Thomas Hardy....great author...depressing novels.

+
Less Miserable means The Miserable in french... it's about the hardship and misery of the characters.

Edit: want more depressing films/novels....Thomas Hardy....great author...depressing novels.
He was making a joke.

To make it less miserable perhaps? *ducks*

Aha - that would probably explain why there is no 'Les' in the IMDb cast list for the movie then

Thanks but I don't read dead authors as I find all too often they have nothing new to say.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Thanks but I don't read dead authors as I find all too often they have nothing new to say.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Thomas Hardy....great author...depressing novels.
I suppose some are, but not all. Far from the Madding Crowd is not depressing, e.g.

Snooze factor rating = Z

Melanie Laurent, you are better than this. And she's got a gun on the dvd cover, not once does she hold a gun in the film, tut tut. ****e assassian for someone who is suppose to be the 'best in the business'...

Trailer:

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Some of those authors stories make magnificent films.

If you want a good one

Also,

and the most recent remake (directed by Thomas Vinterberg and if you haven't seen any of his films.. I highly recommended them!)

The Far from the Madding Crowd remake pales in comparison to the original. I could not finish it.

Alien (1979)

The Apartment (1960)

This might just do nobody any good.
The newer Far From the Madding Crowd is probably the lesser but I just love Mulligan and Matthias Schoenaerts in those roles and in general so I didn’t really mind as much. It’s also been a while since I last saw the Julie Christie one.

I had an umpteeth look at this b classic the other day.
DUEL was the first road movie that I actually enjoyed. Why? The imcomparable Spielberg was at the tiller.. thats why. Boy can this man tell a story and actually make you wanna be part of it.. get inside your skin so to speak. What a wild suspence-filled ride he takes us on.