Kidding

Tools    

http://deadline.com/2018/01/kidding-...me-1202234987/

"Frank Langella (The Americans) has signed on as a series regular opposite Jim Carrey and Catherine Keener in the upcoming Showtime half-hour comedy Kidding.

Created by Dave Holstein and directed by Carrey’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind helmer Michel Gondry, the 10-episode Kidding centers on Jeff, aka Mr. Pickles (Carrey), an icon of children’s television, a beacon of kindness and wisdom to America’s impressionable young minds and the parents who grew up with him – who also anchors a multimillion dollar branding empire. But when this beloved personality’s family (wife, two sons, sister and father) begins to implode, Jeff finds no fairy tale or fable or puppet will guide him through this crisis, which advances faster than his means to cope. The result: A kind man in a cruel world faces a slow leak of sanity as hilarious as it is heartbreaking.

Langella will play Seb, the man who built Jeff’s show from a school project to a nationally syndicated cultural touchstone with a multimillion-dollar merchandising empire. He must balance a growing concern for Jeff with the need to keep his onscreen persona from radically changing.

Carrey executive produces with Gondry, Jason Bateman, Jim Garavente, Raffi Adlan, Michael Aguilar and Holstein who serves as showrunner."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Watched two episodes.

Very depressing and in some way an insight into the mind of Carrey at times. Comedians always have to be funny, even when dealing with their own depression. This character seems like an outlet for him to get that off his chest. I know he's been on this weird wavelength about being energy and nothingness and whatnot, I hope he gets whatever help he's searching for.

Suspect's Reviews

Episode 1 is available on youtube (but edited for language)
I think it's showing on Sky Atlantic in November
I liked it, looking forward to watching the rest of it

Jim Carrey returns to television in this bizarre SHOWTIME series playing Jeff Pickles, the host of a children's TV show who is still grieving over the death of his son, which is causing him to pretty much lose his mind. His idea of doing a show about death falls on the deaf ears of his producer but he does it anyway. I love Jim Carrey, but I found this pretentious and creepy. Frank Langella was quite wonderful as Jeff's producer as was Catherine Keener as a co-worker, but I just found the whole thing weird and the final scene of the pilot sent a chill down my spine and not the good kind.