Unknown Demon Summoning Movie from 80/90's

Tools    

This movie is late 80's, though perhaps early 90's. The special effects were claymation-like, though somewhat advanced from what you see in the 70's.

The movie plot revolved around a high school kid who was being bullied by 2 peers (more on them later) but who stumbles on a book about summoning demons. He goes about the rituals and gets one demon - where the claymation comes in and you see the demon in hell getting angry and moving around in what looks like a subterranean cave. The kid gets himself out of trouble and ends up getting a girl he likes (the beginning premise I recall is I can't get girls, I'll get demons.) Finally, the kid gives up the book.

His two bully peers stumble on the book and say, "Who needs girls when you've got demons!"

That's all I recall - for some reason, I though the whole demon part in hell as a kid was just awesome and wanted to try and find this movie.

Thanks,

Tom

You are amazing - I just looked up the Gate II ending on YouTube and found the exact quote. Thank you!!! I will have to find some copies of these and watch them again.