Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Directed by and starring Kenneth Branagh as Poirot!

The mustache would be worth the price of admission alone but check out this cast:

Michelle Pfeiffer
Penelope Cruz
Willem Dafoe
Judi Dench
Daisy Ridley
Derek Jacobi
Josh Gad
Olivia Coleman
Leslie Odom, Jr.
Lucy Boynton
Manuel García Rulfo
and Johnny Depp

Looks fun! The trailer reveal doesn't work very well, though.

Seriously, why is Imagine Dragons still a thing?

November 10th.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ooh I just saw the trailer. Looking forward to this. Not sure about that music, though.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Although I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie, my first reaction is "Do we really need yet another remake of Murder on the Orient Express?".

Although I'm a big fan of Agatha Christie, my first reaction is "Do we really need yet another remake of Murder on the Orient Express?".
I was a huge fan of her novels when I was a kid but I actually dont remember who did it. Looking forward to this just for the cast (and set)

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I was a huge fan of her novels when I was a kid but I actually dont remember who did it. Looking forward to this just for the cast (and set)
I thought the one thing everybody knew about Murder on the Orient Express is who did it! I knew before I read the book but I still enjoyed reading it all unfold. Film looks interesting.

I thought the one thing everybody knew about Murder on the Orient Express is who did it! I knew before I read the book but I still enjoyed reading it all unfold. Film looks interesting.
I forget, and I'm happy about that.

I like Hercule Poirot cracking cases with nonchalance and low blood pressure and cholesterol.

I like Hercule Poirot cracking cases with nonchalance and low blood pressure and cholesterol.
I love the line that he's the smartest detective in the world.

Agreed. Don't love Agatha or anything but i'd have liked them to do something else from her for once. Still this could be good, Branagh is a talented director.

Poirot: probably the greatest detective in the world.

Hope Carlsberg don't sue him...
haha. Why haven't they done a can of Carlsberg solving a mystery advert yet? Totally missing a trick.

Directed by and starring Kenneth Branagh as Poirot!

The mustache would be worth the price of admission alone but check out this cast:

Michelle Pfeiffer
Penelope Cruz
Willem Dafoe
Judi Dench
Daisy Ridley
Derek Jacobi
Josh Gad
Olivia Coleman
Leslie Odom, Jr.
Lucy Boynton
Manuel García Rulfo
and Johnny Depp

Looks fun! The trailer reveal doesn't work very well, though.

Seriously, why is Imagine Dragons still a thing?

November 10th.
First Dirty Dancing now this? There are no words to reflect my disgust with the idea of remaking this film, I don't care who's in it.

Sorry, I just feel like this needs to be, um... said...

Sorry, I just feel like this needs to be, um... said...

Needs to go in the creepy mustache thread, Saunchy.

Ugh, Branagh as Poirot .... no thanks, his portrayal of Wallander was bad enough - can't imagine this being any better.

In case anyone else isn't feeling the musical choices...

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Ooh I just saw the trailer. Looking forward to this. Not sure about that music, though.
I'm not really a big fan of using music that I don't think fits a film. Basically, I am not the biggest fan of using modern music for something that does not take place in modern times. I've never understood the point to that. Is that supposed to make it appeal to the younger audience or something? I really don't get it.

I don't know what happens. I've never read the book. In fact, all I have ever read was And Then There Was None. I have never seen the movie of this either.

As for this being a remake, I never really consider a film to be a remake unless the story would be a copy that was original to a film. Let's say they make another Raiders Of the Lost Ark. That, to me, would be a remake. Whenever it is a movie based on a book, or a play (or a musical), I just consider it to be a new adaptation. Then it never bothers me too much if there is a new version of it.

I dont get it either, Vamp, unless it's to appeal to a younger demo, but would it appeal to young people other than those who like the period genre? I'll have to ask my niece. This is just not her genre, she probably has no idea who Agatha is, but she might see it because her boyfriend likes period and crime genre.