The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame II

Tools    

The more I've watched Bringing Up Baby the more I've liked it. It's not my favorite 30s screwball comedy, that would be My Man Godfrey. If you have the dvd with BUP try watching the commentary track by Peter Bogdanovich, I did and it gave me a whole new appreciation for the movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The more I've watched Bringing Up Baby the more I've liked it. It's not my favorite 30s screwball comedy, that would be My Man Godfrey. If you have the dvd with BUP try watching the commentary track by Peter Bogdanovich, I did and it gave me a whole new appreciation for the movie.
My favorite is It Happened One Night

Letter from an Unknown Woman will likely be next if not next week, the week after.
Going to knock off a few from the 24th HOF first.
I really liked that film and have seen it twice. I think it was picked for someone in the last PR we did?

I really liked that film and have seen it twice. I think it was picked for someone in the last PR we did?
I don't think so but I'm going by my very unimpressive memo.

I don't think so but I'm going by my very unimpressive memo.
I just checked....and your memo ain't all that bad! you're right it wasn't in the last PR. Hmm, my memo must suck! I swear we talked about that movie somewhere fairly recently.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Letter from an Unknown Woman will likely be next if not next week, the week after.
Going to knock off a few from the 24th HOF first.
Looks my memo is a bit crap as well. Had to look up the film to realize I saw it as well and wondering WHERE the conversation was regarding it. lol
maybe the 40s Countdown. . .?
I liked it quite a bit as well.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Alright, gotta play catch-up. Been super busy at work with inventory counts, but that ends tomorrow. So I hope to get through a few this weekend.

Suspect's Reviews

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I just checked....and your memo ain't all that bad! you're right it wasn't in the last PR. Hmm, my memo must suck! I swear we talked about that movie somewhere fairly recently.
It was in the 30s hall of fame part 2, not super recent but could be it.

It was in the 30s hall of fame part 2, not super recent but could be it.
Have you seen Letter From an Unknown Woman? It seems like you might like it, I was impressed with it especially the acting by Joan Fontaine. I know it was in the 7th HoF way long ago. But I remember we had a convo about it more recently (at least it seems recent to me might have been awhile ago)

Ginger Snaps

Ginger: I get this ache... And I, I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to f****** pieces.

I have to preface this by saying that movies about vampires, werewolves, mummies, Frank and the like are not my cup o' tea. Now there are obviously some films with those characters that are very good and Ginger Snaps falls right about in the middle of them but towards the top of the werewolf films.

I've always liked movies were the outsiders get the upper hand. Ginger Snaps is about two sisters, not exactly the most popular girls in school, who fantasize about some pretty weird stuff encountering a werewolf one evening where the older sister, Ginger, gets attacked but survives and well, you know what comes next.

Her transformation to werewolf coincides with her "blossoming" as a young woman which was actually kind of a decent spin. Now I have no experience with what Ginger was going through on either front but it was rather enjoyable to watch for the most part and actually created some pretty funny moments. Aside from the werewolf stuff it has a bit of a revenge aspect to it which I liked as opposed to just random attacks on nobody's. My favorite parts of the film were actually the family dinners and more specifically Mimi Rogers as the Mom who is unusually excited to witness her daughters changes. I'm not going to say this is like Heathers (which I love) but it definitely shares some of the same characteristics. This is a teen centered film where most of the adults are portrayed as idiots in an over the top, comical way.

The werewolf fx are pretty bad but pretty bad practical fx are still better than cgi in something like this. The end is probably the weakest part of the movie but it's not so weak as to ruin what came before it. It doesn't leave a bad taste in yer mouth, anyway. This is one of them movies, similar to The Blair Witch, that I've always avoided and just like the Blair Witch I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. If I come across this on tv someday I wouldn't hesitate to check it out again.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Have you seen Letter From an Unknown Woman? It seems like you might like it, I was impressed with it especially the acting by Joan Fontaine. I know it was in the 7th HoF way long ago. But I remember we had a convo about it more recently (at least it seems recent to me might have been awhile ago)
I've seen it twice - I think it was in two halls of fame!