The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Didn't know about the second reference.
You delve into the carnival atmosphere of self interest perfectly. I was afraid to get into the story and what transpires without giving away everything - it was just too easy to do.
And yeah, Kirk scrapes up every filthy inch of this character and unleashes it with a rattlesnake's swiftness
WARNING: "like when he" spoilers below
double-slapped the wife. That caught ME by complete surprise just as much as it did the wife
Jan Sterling is priceless in Ace in the Hole. I've seen her in several other movies and if given half a chance she really shines, like sterling silver!

Peter Pan (1953)

Other than Tinker Bell I didn't care about any of the characters in Peter Pan and I had expected this to be my favorite classic Disney animated film. Not that I've seen many of them. It wasn't until after I joined MoFo that I watched my very first, Fantasia. Unlike Bambi where I actually cared about the animals and their forest home...with Peter Pan I could care less about Wendy or her brothers...one of who must've been the inspiration for the Harry Potter series of novels.

At a scant 1 hour 17 minutes, there wasn't enough time to include any needed back story as to who Wendy was and why she needed to believe so readily in a fairy tale, aka Peter Pan. I wonder what the original British stage play of 1903 was like? It must have been written for adults as stage plays for children in 1903 were unheard of. There's still a bit of adult musings in this G rated Disney film, mostly apparent in the antics of Tinker Bell. Tinker is a tiny hottie, who's concerned that her hips are too big and is jealous of Wendy to the point of trying to annihilate her. Tinker is quite impish and that was refreshing for what otherwise is a kids movie. I got a kick out of the many different means she took to keep Wendy apart from her crush, Peter.

Well that's four classic Disney animated films I've seen. So far I haven't loved any of them. I'm not a big fan of animated films, though they are a few animated films I've rated 5/5 Spirited Away being my favorite
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Day%2B12%252C%2BTink.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	68588  

I love Peter Pan but I can see why it's not thought of as highly as something like Pinocchio or Bambi. Tink is an absolute b****. I love her! The Peter vs Captain Hook is my favorite part of the movie and that clock-ticking Croc, it's always fun when he shines around. Kind of related but this is this years pumpkin carving (one of em at least.)

As much as I love animation, I've never been a fan of Peter Pan. Too heavy on the fantasy and the songs. Too light on the cute animals.

As much as I love animation, I've never been a fan of Peter Pan. Too heavy on the fantasy and the songs. Too light on the cute animals.
I didn't care for the songs, except I liked the 'pirate song', where they are trying to recruit the kids to become pirates, that was fun.

The trick is not minding
I liked Peter Pan, but like CR, didn’t find much memorable about it either.
Captain Hook and tinker bell are pretty much the highlights.
Oh, and that croc 🐊

I liked Peter Pan, but like CR, didn’t find much memorable about it either.
Captain Hook and tinker bell are pretty much the highlights.
Oh, and that croc 🐊
There's other versions of the Peter Pan story? I've not seen any, but didn't Robin Williams do one called Hook? and there must be more movie versions out there. Any recommendations anyone?

The trick is not minding
There's other versions of the Peter Pan story? I've not seen any, but didn't Robin Williams do one called Hook? and there must be more movie versions out there. Any recommendations anyone?
Robin Williams did Hook, yes.
There’s also a live action 2003 British version. A 2002 sequel to the original, and of course multiple Tinkerbell children films that were direct to dvd.
I have not seen any of them.

Robin Williams did Hook, yes.
There’s also a live action 2003 British version. A 2002 sequel to the original, and of course multiple Tinkerbell children films that were direct to dvd.
I have not seen any of them.
The 2003 live-action film is OK. I'm not too fond of Peter Pan either, but its concept (of a child who never grows up) is interesting. Peter himself is annoying though, and I hate the idea that he's unable to learn anything.

There are a whole bunch of film and television versions of Peter Pan, including a silent version from 1924. I've only seen the Disney animated one and Hook, though.

There's also Finding Neverland, about the author J.M. Barrie and his inspiration for the play.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Pan has to be one of the worst adaptations I've seen. Garrett Hedlund gives one of the most boring performances I've seen in awhile.

Suspect's Reviews

Oh dear, it looks like Peter's being Panned!!

well, if, like me, you haven't seen it - you should and find out for yourself
You lucky dog you Ace in the Hole is amazing. I gave it a 5/5. It's one of my favorite noirs.
I'm definitely adding Ace in the Hole to my watch list now.

There are a whole bunch of film and television versions of Peter Pan, including a silent version from 1924. I've only seen the Disney animated one and Hook, though.

There's also Finding Neverland, about the author J.M. Barrie and his inspiration for the play.
Thanks, Finding Neverland sounds like something I'd like, I'm hoping to watch it tonight. Is Hook any good?