Your pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Tools    

Tom Brady was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes
Every QB plays in a system. In this case, which system are you referring to since he's played in more than one?

and playing in a lesser conference.
You mean the conference which has more Super Bowl wins since Brady took over?

Never during his entire run as QB would he be my first pick at QB and if you put him on the Browns he would have been out in a season.
Hahahaha spoken like someone who doesn't have any idea.

Cassell the guy who went on to make a pro bowl with KC and lead them to their first division title in several years; yet when he played for the Pats they lost 5 games more than the year before.

Jimmy G? See that contract he went on to sign? Here in Boston, there's some idiots who say trade Kyrie Irving because Terry Rozier and the Celtics do well in his absence. It's very common in sports for teams to step up when their best player misses time. There's an endless list of examples.

If Vinny was with the Patriots they would have won 3 SB's in a row and they wouldn't have needed to completely revamp the wide receiving core every five years.
Vinny pretty much sucked.

Pretty sure I pointed out this out the last time you said it, but "lost 5 games more than the year before" is some pretty blatant spin, given that they went undefeated the year before and were going to drop a few more the year after even under the best of circumstances.

Pretty sure I pointed out this out the last time you said it, but "lost 5 games more than the year before" is some pretty blatant spin, given that they went undefeated the year before and were going to drop a few more the year after even under the best of circumstances.
Sure most likely but I'll tell you what the big difference was and you'd probably have to have been following them to know this. When Brady plays, they are always a threat for the Super Bowl. That year, they were a threat to nobody. It was completely different and you could tell by watching them.

The Giants won with Jeff Hostetler. Are people going to say oh well maybe Phil Simms wasn't that good? It's an idiotic point to even make. Teams step up when stars miss time and it happens in every sport.

I'm on your side, for once , Cricket. That won 5 less games then the year before line almost made me spit laugh though. You have a little politician in you after all.

Let the night air cool you off
Tom Brady might be the best QB of all-time and Belispellcheck his last name for me might be the best coach of all-time. Both of those things can be true, and their greatness individually fed the other one's greatness and made him even better. Yeah, Brady kisses his sons on the mouth, but like my favorite crazy person says: name one genius that ain't crazy.

Let the night air cool you off
Tom Brady was a system QB/Game Manager who benefited greatly from the 78' rules changes and playing in a lesser conference. Never during his entire run as QB would he be my first pick at QB and if you put him on the Browns he would have been out in a season.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Peyton Manning
3. Fran Tarkenton
4. Brett Favre
5. Joe Montana
6. John Elway
7. Sammy Baugh
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Drew Brees
10. Dan Marino
11. Bart Starr
12. Tom Brady
13. Vinny Testaverde
14. Dan Fouts
15. Terry Bradshaw
16. Steve Young
17. Warren Moon
18. Otto Graham
19. Troy Aikman
20. Sid Luckman
I am not trying to be a dick, but I don't understand how you came up with these ratings. I mean.... Vinny Testaverde ahead of Terry Bradshaw, Steve Young, Warren Moon, and Troy Aikman? And I find Sammy Baugh to be an awesome story, but how can you have an opinion on who is better between Aaron Rodgers and Sammy Baugh when there is hardly any footage of Sammy Baugh? Same for Sid Luckman. And I don't think there is a whole lot of footage of Unitas, Starr, and Graham either. It's like comparing Wilt Chamberlain to Shaq to George Mikan. Or comparing stage actors from the Shakespeare era to film actors today.

A system of cells interlinked
Tom Brady might be the best QB of all-time and Belispellcheck his last name for me might be the best coach of all-time. Both of those things can be true, and their greatness individually fed the other one's greatness and made him even better. Yeah, Brady kisses his sons on the mouth, but like my favorite crazy person says: name one genius that ain't crazy.
I would agree the Belichick plays a big part in the success of Brady - the dynamic duo!

I watched Rams vs Pats in Super Bowl 36 last night on NFL Network. That game was all defense on the Pats side. Brady looked pretty good for a guy who was in his first year as a starter, but he didn't really come out swinging, at least in that game. He showed tremendous patience and calmness for a guy his age who was playing in his first Super Bowl, but he wasn't anything like he is today or in recent years past. It was fun to watch and reminisce, though.

I lean on the Pats in this game just because they seem to have flicked a switch and are suddenly playing their best. The Rams have a much more talented roster, but then the Pats are used to facing teams more talented. The Rams would certainly seem to have the players on D to slow NE down, and their D coordinator is the same guy who gave them fits while in Denver, most notably in the 2015 AFC championship game. In that game however, the Pats Oline and running backs were decimated by injuries and it was in Denver allowing their Dline to jump the snap count. The Pat's Oline and backs are now healthy and playing well so it should be more of an even battle. I would think the Pats will have a tougher go running the ball than they did their previous 2 games and I look at Cordarrelle Patterson as the X factor here. On the other side I think it'll be interesting how the Pat's D plays. They are notorious for bring able to take away the other teams best weapon, but in this case I don't know if there is one. The Ram's O seems well balanced with no dominating player. My guess is that the plan would be pretty basic with just trying to stop the run and make the QB beat them on third and long. It scares me that most of the money is on NE, but at least the line move reflects that up to now. The Pats want to erase the bitter taste of last year's loss and there are some respected veterans who could be playing their last game, including Gronk. Do the Rams feel like they are just fortunate to be here or are they out to prove they deserve it? I wouldn't be surprised by a close or easy win by either side and it's probably just going to come down to whose lines play better. One odd factoid: in the 8 Super Bowls so far in the Brady/Belichick era, they are yet to score a 1st quarter touchdown, and their only points came from a field goal last year. In those 8 games, the largest margin of victory came in an overtime game.*

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Wow, that sucked. Go Rams!

My take on this entire game, which I freely admit I do not understand , is this:

Why does someone like Julian Edelman - who appears to otherwise have a perfectly respectable looking face - have an ugly beard like that?

The same goes for David Letterman, while we're at it.

Why does someone like Julian Edelman - who appears to otherwise have a perfectly respectable looking face - have an ugly beard like that?
That's what my wife asked. Then I told her talk time is over.

Lol. - I always liked Mrs. @cricket

P.S. Oh and btw; the highlights of the game (for me) was hearing Bob Dylan sing Blowing in the Wind, and watching Harrison Ford argue with his dog, on the commercials. The Dylan commercial looked like it was advertising wind power, but it may actually have been selling beer.

The dog commercial; I have no idea what that was about, but it was nice to see Harrison there, for any reason atall.

That win should keep Brady at least slightly ahead of Testaverde... for now.