MoFo Fantasy Football 2015 - The Playoffs

Tools    

"Extra! Extra!! Read all about it!

2015 MoFo Fantasy Football Final this Christmas Weekend!!"

The Empire (10-3) Jonathan / Fabulous
vs
Plastic Pads & Iron Men (8-5) Rob / TONGO

The most dominant team in the league for 2015 was The Empire coached by Jonathan/Fabulous. So how did he end up with a 10-3 record and in the final? It all started at the same time for the two of us, round 8 of the draft. Jon grabbed Devonta Freeman who is the new sensational running back this year for Atlanta, and I grabbed Cam Newton (as a backup to Tony Romo). Cams Panthers are 14-0 this year and hes the #1 reason why averaging 29.15 fantasy points per game this entire season. Even his player number is 1

It doesnt matter, all that counts is sunday. Empire has Drew Brees who only averages 5 points less. Brees is at home taking on Jacksonville sunday, good for the Empire, and Cam is @ Atlanta, bad for my Pads. QB advantage - The Empire.

WR1, and we both got some keepers in the draft! Jon got the awesome Julio Jones, and I got Odell Beckham Jr, BUT Beckham is suspended for sundays game due to the one man war he was fighting against the Cowboys. Nobody can replace him, and what would have been an intriguing WR1 matchup sunday becomes a huuuuge WR1 advantage to The Empire. (I'll be using Stefon Diggs )

WR2 isnt quite a mismatch, My Pads are sporting AJ Green, BUT the Empire has Calvin "Megatron" Johnson. Megatron has been quiet the past 2 weeks, but Im not stupid to think he's even capable of being quiet 3 game in a row. CJ in Detroit is up against a beatable 49rs secondary, and AJ is @ Denver who gives up the least to WRs in all the NFL. WR2 advantage The Empire.

RB1. Devonta has cooled since his hot first half, but so has my RB Chris Ivory. Ivory is @ New England who are focused on shutting him down, plus Bilal Powells been consistently leeching a noticable piece of business from him the past month. Devonta is at home vs a tough Panther defense, but honestly its RB1 advantage The Empire. The way this is going my team feels like that video of the singing bass on a mantle, who gets hit with a hammer everytime he does. By the end of the song that poor Bass has bandages, is in fear, and they planted dynamite in his mouth, but I digress...

One last analogy, the RB2 position looks like an episode of M.A.S.H. for us both. For me its either TJ Yeldon who is really hurt, only 50/50 chance to play, or Karlos Williams who is really hurt too. The Empire has turf toed Andre Ellington, and yknow, Im just gonna say RB2 advantage Plastic Pads & Iron Men! So there! hmph

Tight End is finally some good news for my squad. I have Jordan Reed who is the 2nd highest rated fantasy TE this year, but Reed is @ Philly who are equally strong. Empire go with the Romoless Jason Witten. I gotta say advantage TE the Pads.

Swing slot Ill be using Darren Mcfadden and Empire will have Reuben Randle. DMC has been steady this season averaging near 11 fps per game, so you think advantage Pads BUT that OBJ suspension not only cost me a slot, but helped one of Jons because Randle will get more targets sunday. Crap!! Hm, ill say the swing slots a tie.

As for Kickers and Defense my Pads have Connor Barth vs Chicago and Cincinatti @ a Peytonless Denver . Empire has Justin Tucker vs Pittsburgh and New England @ NYJ, both tough matchups, so I say these 2 peripheral positions advantage Pads.

So if I made a prediction, analysis, guess, or whatever Id say Jonathans Empire is gonna win the final. This is my 4th trip to the playoffs in a row, and Im wishing I never picked on Buffalos 4 failures now. Even the "karma" I feel isnt going my way My squads slogan is "Next Man Up", and if I win itll be due to some of these filler players blow up strong. My stars are in tough matchups.

Now it is time for us to play the game.

Report: Brees has torn plantar fascia

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...Ctj?li=BBnb7Kz

Jons Fabulous Empire has Derek Carr as a backup, and he aint too shabby, I played him some his first year. Hes going up against San Diego, but Id have to say my Pads have the advantage at QB now. Dont know if its enough to level things off.

Apparently Brees wants to play through it, but we probably won't know until after the Thursday night game, which is Carr's game. A bit unfortunate with their schedule's this week.

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! X-Mas Huzzah!!

So my RB dilemna is no longer as Im not gonna play either Yeldon or Karlos Williams. Ill be going with Ertz.

Zach Ertz. TE for the Eagles. (I first typed Phillies) Not surprising a team of mines hopes rest on 2 waiver wire type player Ill have to depend on, Stefon Diggs & Zach Ertz.............

I probably shot myself in the foot. I just couldn't risk starting Brees, and Carr's TNF game couldn't come at a worse time. I figured he'd perform a little better than he has anyways, but it wasn't the case. I just have to hope that Brees doesn't play Sunday.

Yeah, interesting move there going with Carr. Puts up an average total; doesn't kill you, but doesn't help much either. TONGO a slight favorite, though a) Green has a tough matchup AND injury and b) Beckham's missing the game. That's huge. I feel like TONGO would be a significant favorite in a "normal" week, but it just so happens week 16 isn't going to be normal.

I just figured in a meaningless game, it would be pointless for Brees to play. Plus I made the switch at a time where I wasn't able to put Brees back in even if I wanted to. Now with Brees talking very confidently about playing, I have to take it on the chin.

Yeah, I'm not suggesting it was a terrible idea; it'd be really rough to find out Brees isn't playing late in the week. So there's just a lot of variables: the upside of Brees against the difference between Carr and some other late replacement, adjusted up or down based on what kind of total you think your opponent might force you to put up.

It might not end up mattering, though, because TONGO had two guys going during last night's game and both put up great totals: Jordan Reed had his best game of the year (and as someone starting Cousins in my money league championship: whoooo!), and the unusual decision to play another TE (Ertz) in the flex pays off. TONGO's projection is now 26 points higher. Not enough that one great game on the other side can't bring the matchup back within reach, though.

Yeah, I mean Carr has put up pretty good numbers all season. I figured at home against a poor San Diego team would result in a similar score that Brees would put up. Obviously he didn't do as well as I expected.

Yeah Jordan Reed had the best game of his career (so far) and Ertz went off too, and Im looking great going into todays games. Which means nothing

Julio Jones with a huge 70 yard touchdown. TONGO had built up such a margin that he's still the favorite after that, but this at least gives Fabulous a chance again.

Calvin Johnson with a really strong second half, capped off (for now, at least) with a TD. Suddenly (and thanks largely to Cam Newton's mediocre total thus far), we've got a game on our hands.

Ugh! Today everyone but my TEs were mediocre at best, actually below average. Im behind 11 points, but I have Stefon Diggs tonight, AJ Green & Cincinnatti tomorrow night, and Fab has Reuben Randle (who could go off too like Julio & Megatron). ugh....