Surprising Celebrity Relations

Tools    

You know Stellan Skarsgård has 4 sons who are actors..

he's in countless films and never lets me down!

Alexander Skarsgård

I first met Alexander when I was watching the first season of "True Blood". Then I seen him in Von Trier's movie "Melancholia", then on to "Battleship". After that, I seen him in "Disconnect". He's a very good actor. I think I need to see more of his work.

Gustaf Skarsgård

My first movie of Gustaf's was "Ondskan", a Swedish film on a topic I enjoy and "Arn: The Knight Templar". From there, he became world known when he starred in the hit series "Vikings" on the History Channel. I do need to see more of his films.

Bill Skarsgård

Now Bill, he's been in a few movies but he's on the Netflix's original series "Hemlock Grove". I have seen a few of those at the beginning of the first season and not sure if I seen any with Bill in them.

Valter Skarsgård

I have not seen any of his work but perhaps he's someone I should check out. I enjoy the films by his father and some of his brothers' works...

He said that in his post.
I only seen a picture of Alexander.. not sure if he had Valter, Gustaf or Bill.

I only seen a picture of Alexander.. not sure if he had Valter, Gustaf or Bill.
Yep, Alexander, Gustaf, Bill, Valter, plus Sam. According to Holden's post, he has five son's that act.

I love him in the movie, House. It's cheesy, but it's great. My daughter watches it a lot.
Almost eight years later, and I still remembered it enough to answer a movie question yesterday. It really is a fun movie.

Or, in other words, if you want to have a successful Hollywood career, be related to someone with a Hollywood career.

I just found out that actress / comedienne Amy Schumer is a cousin to Senator Chuck Shumer (her father & Chuck are 2nd cousins).

For Holden: I was surprised that Kyra Sedgewick was mentioned without noting that she's been married to Kevin Bacon for 27 years!

Also, can we get a breakdown on the Stiller & Meara family?

For Holden: I was surprised that Kyra Sedgewick was mentioned without noting that she's been married to Kevin Bacon for 27 years!
Because as I said in the beginning, this is about blood relations, not marriages. Those change ALL THE TIME.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

• Ben Stiller is the son of Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara, who started out as a comic duo on the likes of "The Ed Sullivan Show". Jerry is forever branded now as Frank Costanza, but he and Anne worked in the industry for decades before "Seinfled" and before their boy started hitting it big. Ben's sister Amy has also dabbled in the business, but nothing like her brother or their parents.
  • Music star Lenny Kravitz, who has started taking some acting gigs in projects such as Precious and the Hunger Games series, is the son of Roxie Roker, best known as neighbor to "The Jeffersons" after they moved on up to the East Side. Roxie's cousin is famous weather personality Al Roker, making Lenny and Al cousins as well.
  • Yes, comedian Amy Schumer of "Inside Amy Schumer" and this summer's Trainwreck, is second cousin to longtime New York Senator Chuck Schumer.
  • The unusual last name should have tipped it, but actor Justin Theroux (Mulholland Drive, Wanderlust, "The Leftovers") who is now Mr. Jennifer Aniston is the cousin of journalist/filmmaker Louis Theroux. Louis' father/Justin's uncle is acclaimed novelist Paul Theroux, who's work has been adapted for the big screen in The Mosquito Coast, Saint Jack, and Half Moon Street.
  • Rapper Snoop Dogg/Lion (Starsky & Hutch) is the cousin of singer/actress Brandy ("Moesha", I Still Know What You Did Last Summer).
  • Thomas Brodie-Sangster of Love Actually, The Maze Runner, "Phineas & Ferb", and "Game of Thrones" is a second cousin of Hugh Grant (Four Weddings and a Funeral).
  • Max Irons of Red Riding Hood, The Host, and "The White Queen" is indeed the son of Oscar winner Jeremy Irons and actress Sinéad Cusack. Sinéad is not related to those Cusack Yanks John or Joan, but is the daughter of actors Cyril (Fahrenheit 451, Harold & Maude, The Day of the Jackal) and Maureen Cusack (Odd Man Out), making them Max's grandparents.

Because as I said in the beginning, this is about blood relations, not marriages. Those change ALL THE TIME.
Understood. But that's what makes Sedgewick & Bacon so remarkable. Two movie stars? Married for 27 years? In Hollywood! That's unheard of!

Great thread, btw! I discovered it this morning after it had been bumped. I got so into reading it that it delayed my morning coffee & Devil Dog!
Albert Brooks & Super Dave Osborne? I never knew that one! (And Brooks was originally "Albert Einstein"!) LOL!

Some more...
  • Actresses Kate Mara (Tadpole, Shooter, and the current awful Fantastic 4 re-re-boot) and Oscar nominated Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, Her and the upcoming Pan) are sisters. They are related to NFL football and U.S. sports royalty: their grandfathers were Wellington Mara, co-owner of the New York Giants, and Timothy Rooney, owner of the Yonkers Raceway. They are the great-granddaughters of Art Rooney, the founder of The Pittsburgh Steelers.
  • Speaking of the NFL, even most casual fans know that Super Bowl winning quarterbacks Peyton and Eli Manning are brothers, of course, and their father Archie was an NFL QB and a college star. What you may not have realized is that actress Taryn Manning ("Orange is the New Black", Hustle & Flow, "Sons of Anarchy") is their second cousin. Taryn's father and Archie were cousins.
  • One of the medium's first superstars, Charlie Chaplin, lived a long time and fathered children well into what most would call old age. He had eight children, many of whom tried acting at some point, but only Geraldine Chaplin (Doctor Zhivago, Nashville, Cria Cuervos, Talk to Her), who he had with Oona O'Neill, had a successful career. Geraldine's grandfather on her mother's side is legendary playwright Eugene O'Neill. Geraldine's daughter was given her mother's name, Oona Chaplin, and is starting to make a name for herself including as Kitty Trevelyan on "Game of Thrones". So Oona's grandfather is Charlie Chaplin, and her great grandfather is Eugene O'Neill.
  • Here comes some nerdgasm action: actor Ewan McGregor, who as part of his magnificent career of course played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the less-than-magnificent Star Wars prequels, is the nephew of Denis Lawson. Lawson has had a more than steady career, largely on British TV, with dozens of credits, but if you know his name at all likely it is as a piece of trivia that he played Luke Skywalker's pal and Rebel X-Wing pilot Wedge Antilles in the original Star Wars.
  • More for the Sci-Fi nerds: Alexander Siddig, who was known first as Doctor Bashir on "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and has since appeared in Syriana, Kingdom of Heaven, "24", and "Game of Thrones", is the nephew of Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, Caligula). Malcolm's two children with ex-wife Oscar-winner Mary Steenburgen (Melvin & Howard, Back to the Future Part III, Stepbrothers), Charlie and Lilly McDowell, have dabbled in the industry, but neither has had success like their cousin Alex.

The Rock or Dwayne Johnson

Has a big family but will make it easy.
Related Too Rakishi
Rakishi

The Rock Is also Cousins too Rakishi Sons the Usos and Roman Reigns
All These are Wrestlers on WWE Raw.

However Roman is Nephew to Rakishi and is Cousins Too The Usos. But Also he is The Rocks Cousin. The Same way Rakishi is Cousin Too The Rock I assume.
Roman Reigns

I think I would be here all day if i tried to connect the full family tree but my main point is the Rock is cousins to The Usos and Roman Reigns

Timothy Hutton (Ordinary People) is the son of James Hutton (Ellery Queen)

If you look at pictures of Timothy Hutton and Jim Hutton side by side, it's uncanny...Timothy looks like Jim just spit him out.