Weird Al biopic

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
That was my first thought too. When you watch the Aaron Paul fake trailer from 2013, the funny part is that Weird Al's real life is so squeaky clean. Where's the biopic material in his *lack* of vices?

On the other hand, though, his life is interesting if you're a fan. How the heck did he get where he is? Some of the events that led him here are really fun to learn about. So, as long as we're okay with a biopic NOT being a tell-all melodrama, it could be a lot of fun.

And yeah, he should've been inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame ages ago. There's a group of fans calling for that, of course. Another group always calls for him to be the halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl. Neither of those has happened. YET, there was a group of fans screaming for him to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. THAT group was finally heard:

https://www.weirdal.com/news/walk-of...speech%20here!

Welcome to the human race...
If anything, it should be like Walk Hard and simply parody the musician biopic by filtering the usual rock-star clichés through his decidedly benign life. Where other rockstars get into heroin, he gets into veganism. Where other rockstars go to rehab, he gets LASIK surgery. Stuff like that.

If anything, it should be like Walk Hard and simply parody the musician biopic by filtering the usual rock-star clichés through his decidedly benign life. Where other rockstars get into heroin, he gets into veganism. Where other rockstars go to rehab, he gets LASIK surgery. Stuff like that.
There are actually already several things like this, but they're documentaries that only hardcore fans (like me) seem to find. One is The Compleat Al. There are also books. But none are current/up-to-date and were done long enough ago that we do need something bringing us up to speed with his marriage, his daughter, the tragic death of his parents, etc.

Hey you Weird Al fans! Have any of you seen Work in Progress. Weird Al plays a version of himself. In it he is married to Julia Sweeney who is called on inventing Pat. It is a hilarious show on Showtime about a lesbian with severe anxiety. Realistic yet still funny depiction of mental illness and LGBTQ issues.

Wonder if there'd be any reference in the movie to Allan Sherman - a comedic lyricist who preceded Weird Al, using the same schtick of replacing lyrics of popular songs with humorous ones. (Was he Weird Al's inspiration?)

I don't want to say Weird Al "stole" Sherman's schtick... only used & updated it.

The only place I ever heard the issue addressed was on an episode of the Simpsons (a clip of which is included in this video).

Wonder if there'd be any reference in the movie to Allan Sherman - a comedic lyricist who preceded Weird Al, using the same schtick of replacing lyrics of popular songs with humorous ones. (Was he Weird Al's inspiration?)

I don't want to say Weird Al "stole" Sherman's schtick... only used & updated it.

The only place I ever heard the issue addressed was on an episode of the Simpsons (a clip of which is included in this video).
Al has always been upfront about his influences back then: Stan Freberg, Allan Sherman, Tom Lehrer, Frank Zappa, others... No secret!

I'm nearly Al's age, and we were both listening to these guys via Dr. Demento back in the 1970s, plus so many others. All influences on Al!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
All in al, is all al all is.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Al has always been upfront about his influences back then: Stan Freberg, Allan Sherman, Tom Lehrer, Frank Zappa, others... No secret!
Thanks, Austruck!
I don't know much about Weird Al, so didn't know if he cited his influences!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Bonus video: Here's Weird Al acting extra weird on the Tim & Eric show...

"Awesome show; great job!"

Of all Al's professionally produced music videos, this one has to be my favorite since it includes Donny Osmond dancing in front of a green screen (clips from which are used in the full video). The full video is funny itself, but nothing beats Donny dancing.

Of all Al's professionally produced music videos, this one has to be my favorite since it includes Donny Osmond dancing in front of a green screen (clips from which are used in the full video). The full video is funny itself, but nothing beats Donny dancing.

Yes, I love the Donny Osmond outtakes video! He was such a good sport about this, and let's face it: he's nearing a typical retirement age (as is Al), and Donny still has da moves!

By the way, if you read about that video, Al had NO idea what Donny was doing behind him the whole time. And at one point Donny's moves dovetail with the lyrics too.

By the way, if you read about that video, Al had NO idea what Donny was doing behind him the whole time. And at one point Donny's moves dovetail with the lyrics too.
I love it!
Wonder how Donny felt about becoming the "face" of "White and Nerdy"?
(I'm sure he didn't mind. All the Osmond's are about the easiest going people on the planet.)

I'm just going say it. We may have over done the Bio Pic genre. What's next? Carrot Top?

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I'm just going say it. We may have over done the Bio Pic genre. What's next? Carrot Top?
I'm the biggest Al fan here, and I keep wondering about this myself. I mean, the guy is so squeaky clean. Where's the drama in his life story?