The Northman (from the director of The VVitch and The Lighthouse)

Tools    

Deadline reported that Robert Eggers’ follow up to The Lighthouse, a Viking revenge saga, has finally begun filming in Ireland.

I was blown away by Eggers’ work on both of his two previous films and thusly cannot wait to see what he makes out of this particular subject matter. The cast includes brothers Alexander and Bill Skarsgard, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Anya Taylor-Joy, Claes Bang and now, also, Björk, reportedly as a witch.

I saw those photos of the set a month or two after lockdown had started, though it wasn't as developed as it is now.

It's a shame about the virus and the travel restrictions, I'd love to drive down there and look at it from a distance.

I'm a little disappointed the new Robert Eggers isn't a horror movie, but after seeing The Lighthouse, I'm still looking forward to it. He's got the potential tyo be one of the greatest directors of the modern age.

And is it just me, or are his films all gonna use the Animorphs naming pattern for a while? The this, the that, the good, the bad, the whatever.

I've been looking forward to this, but a recent comment about Eggers' frustrations with editing and studio meddling has me a bit wary. Let's hope that his vision remained intact.

Seeing this tonight. Big Eggers fan, so can't wait!
A picture to help keep the Big Eggers fan going for the next few hours...
.... hope you enjoy the fillum. I'll probably have to wait until 2024/2025 to eventually see it

This IS my type of film. However, I already had weekend plans but I'm sure I will catch it soon.

same here after doctor strange 2
I enjoy historical films as much as horror. If there is sword fighting and blood, I'm happy. Even better is if they do some of the Viking torture methods in the film.

I would say MCU is 4th in my favorite genres.

Welcome to the human race...
Saw this earlier tonight. Pretty good for the most part - maybe a little on the long side considering its simplistic vengeance narrative, though it does fill it out in some sufficiently interesting ways thanks to Eggers having long since proven his capacity for bizarrely gripping visuals and fascinatingly-worded dialogue. Certainly helps that it's not just a straightforward revenge thriller but does turn a rather critical eye towards the whole Viking culture of violent subjugation and how it impacts the psychology of every character for the worse (which would definitely help dispute the sight-unseen complaints that it's going for a basic and potentially supremacist valorisation of said culture) - Eggers may not have made another horror movie, but it doesn't lack for horrifying moments.

Seeing it tomorrow.
Won’t be seeing it any time soon, but The NY Times gave it an excellent review. Looking forward to it.

I enjoy historical films as much as horror. If there is sword fighting and blood, I'm happy. Even better is if they do some of the Viking torture methods in the film.

I would say MCU is 4th in my favorite genres.
like the tv series the vikings on netflix when theres alot of blood and sword? i only watched few episodes of it, its a pretty good show. i agree like true blood vampire series when theres alot of blood and torture also. oh nice

like the tv series the vikings on netflix when theres alot of blood and sword? i only watched few episodes of it, its a pretty good show. i agree like true blood vampire series when theres alot of blood and torture also. oh nice
The Last Kingdom, Vikings and Viking Valhalla, so yes.