What is your favorite/greatest movie of all?

Tools    

What in your opnion is the greatest movie of all time and if this is not your favorite move than what is and why?

In my opnion the greatest movie ever made as well as my favorite is City of God. This movie (eleased about one month ago on DVD) is set in Rio De Janeiro and focuses on two young teenagers. One of which choses the life of crime, drugs, and gang violence, while the other choses to pursue photography. This movie if you havent seen it is hands down the best (in my opnion) its raw violence and captivating drama make this a must see for any real movie fan!

Gibbyg.

That movie is seriously fierce [City of God].

My favorite movie is probably Apocalypse Now [REDUX edition]. It's all around goodnews. I can't even get into details without getting teary-eyed, it means that much to me.

It's a true epic in every sense of the word. Just trying to imagine how Francis Ford Coppola was able to set it up from beginning to end is hard to grasp. If you liked the movie, there is a documentary called Journey Into The Heart of Darkness [I think that's the name of it] and it covers the making of the film. Done by Francis' wife, or mostly done by his wife.

Lobster Hands gives it two claws up. "Clip, clip."

Chinatown (1974 - Polanski)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle
If you liked the movie, there is a documentary called Journey Into The Heart of Darkness [I think that's the name of it] and it covers the making of the film. Done by Francis' wife, or mostly done by his wife.
Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse (1991). And while Elanor Coppola was invaluable, especially as the majority of the film and audio taken from that infamous set were originally done by her, the idea for the film itself and the entire assemblage was done by documentarians George Hickenlooper and Fax Bahr.

So many good movies, so little time.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by gibbyg
What in your opnion is the greatest movie of all time and if this is not your favorite move than what is and why?
The greatest movie of all time is Citizen Kane isn't it?

That's was everbody says right?

There isn't a "the greatest movie of all time."

Citizen Kane isn't even in my top 200 favorites.

I have a real problem with films dealing with rich people in a sympathetic way.

My favorite film is Blade Runner .

Reasons why?

1. Watchability, I could watch Blade Runner literally ever day.

2. The Plot, I love how the film is some twisted 'man searching for god' theme.

3. Atmosphere, a modern day Film Noir. A futuristic Los Angeles where it dark and raining all the time. Ridley Scott does a wonderful job.

4. Acting, I don't like Harrison Ford, but I loved him in this one. This is clearly Rutger Hauer and Sean Young's best performances. I also loved Edward James Olmos as Gaff and M. Emmet Walsh as Bryant.

5. Dialogue, Roy Batty: It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.

Tyrell: And what can he do for you?

6. Soundtrack, Vangelis puts in an incredible work.

So many good movies, so little time.
I couldn't argue with anyone who picked Blade Runner or Citizen Kane, two good choices (by the way, I don't think Citizen Kane dealt with rich people in a sympathetic way)

well the movie that im incredibly addicted to is, dawn of the dead, its not like some big oscar winning type film but the flick is just so appealing to me & has had a lasting impression on me, ive lost count with how many time i have seen this film, but i never tire of it

For a long time my favorite movie was Pulp Fiction but now im starting to Like Taxi Driver more. i cant decide.

The best film ever is ORDINARY PEOPLE, starring Donald Sutherland, Mary Tyler Moore, Timothy Hutton, and Judd Hirsch. It is the most emotional film I have ever seen, and Mary Tyler Moore gives one of the very best performances ever from an actress. I cry just about every time I see this film and I could watch it every day. The music is haunting, and you really must see it if you have not.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	ORDPEOP.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	3785  

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sonatine (1993, Takeshi Kitano) -

Aya: "It’s great to not be afraid of shooting people—not being afraid of killing people means not being afraid of dying yourself, right? You’re a tough guy, I like tough guys."

Murakawa: “I wouldn’t carry a gun if I were tough.”

Aya: “But you can shoot fast.”

Murakawa: “I shoot fast because I get scared first.”

Aya: “But you’re not afraid of dying.”

Murakawa: “When you’re scared all of the time, you almost wish you were dead.”

Cold Mountain
Memento
Donnie Darko
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Do you know my poetry?
2001: A Space Odyssey [Directed by Stanley Kubrick - 1968]

This film didn't rely on dialogue at all to be great, all it needed was the stunningly beautiful visuals it had to tell it's story. This is the film that introduced me to Kurbrick's greatness.

You ready? You look ready.
In my opinion Die Hard (d.John McTiernan, 1988) is the greatest movie of all time. I saw this got hooked and no matter now many times I've seen it or the older I get I still think it is the best. I know that this can be argued but, it's just great and I love it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

And this is my BOOMstick!
Dude, Where's My Car?

GATTACA

i watch this movie every day and sometimes twice if i find the time

my favorite is Face/Off and Aliens the action in these movies never stops

l8r