the simpsons movie

Tools    

has any one heard any thing about this simpsons movie?

i am getting sick of the simpsons and i dont like what the show turned into. it used to be a very smart comedy for people of every age. if you were young you could watch it for things like homer walking into walls and sh*t like that. if you were older you could appreciate its not so clear jokes about whats going on in the world and things like that. today most of the episodes are targeted at a "dumber" audiance. im not calling people who watch simpsons dumb but the jokes are very easy to understand and it just lost some of its funnyness (if thats a word)

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
family guy got cancelled after 3 seasons because it was the same thing as the simspons except the baby and dog talked.
Family Guy was abosolutley Genious. Granted, it was basically the same family structure, with a dumb, fat, lazy guy as lead, but simply hilarious stuff.

I think Family Guy was much more funny and witty than the simpsons, and id rather see a family guy movie.
The simpsons relys way to much on gross out comedy nowadays, altho it still has its funny moments, its hard for a programe to remain constantly funny after so many years.
But im intrested to see what theyll do with a simpsons movie.

Uhh Family Guy got cancelled because Fox killed it. But its killing in rerun ratings on The Cartoon Network as well as kicking The Simpsons asses in Dvd sales...Which is why its being resureected with new episodes in Jaunary. I wish fox would kill the Simpsons. But fox has a policy with killing good shows (ie: Futurama, Family Guy, Firefly, Millenium, etc...)
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

i never heard of firefly or millenium but i hated futerama. Fox did have some really crappy shows that got cancelled (ex: that 80s' show, gregg the bunny, undeclaired, the pits...) but it does have great shows also (ex: simpsons, that 70s' show, mad tv, malcome in the middle, and more)

And this is my BOOMstick!
dude what are you talking about, Futurama was great! Funny, original, and dark humour are all there. Like how can you possible not love Bender?
another question - wtf, that 80's show? what the hell is that?

Originally Posted by Nitzer
another question - wtf, that 80's show? what the hell is that?
A ripoff of That 70s show set in the 80s that lasted about a half of an episode.

family guy got cancelled after 3 seasons because it was the same thing as the simspons except the baby and dog talked.
No. that's not enough for it to get cancelled. It was cancelled because it was too over-the-top and racist. Fox was flooded with hate mail so they cancelled it but it was brought back but it was cancelled again. ha ha ha. There's talk of a movie.

i never heard of firefly or millenium but i hated futerama. Fox did have some really crappy shows that got cancelled (ex: that 80s' show, gregg the bunny, undeclaired, the pits...) but it does have great shows also (ex: simpsons, that 70s' show, mad tv, malcome in the middle, and more)
Malcolm in the middle is a waste of a half hour. Totally god awful.

Personally, I hope the movie isn't a flop and is as funny as the Simpsons were from their third to tenth season. If it isn't and is more like the horrible episodes today, fans are not gonna like it.

How was family guy racist?

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
No. that's not enough for it to get cancelled. It was cancelled because it was too over-the-top and racist. Fox was flooded with hate mail so they cancelled it but it was brought back but it was cancelled again. ha ha ha. There's talk of a movie.
what are you talking about chappelle's show is a zillion times more racist and everyone i know loves it and i dont think comedy central is getting angry letter and stuff.

And this is my BOOMstick!
People are too obsessed with being anti-racist, they can't even say what's on their mind because they're scared it won't be politically correct.