Worst final scene

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
What is your least favorite final scene from a good movie? (endings that really didn't fit with the movie)

Mine :

True Romance

I loved this movie, one of my favorites. My mouth was wide open through the whole movie and then they pick the Disney ending. Very disappointing.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

There are those who call me...Tim.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail: I loved the rest of the film, but I wish they'd been able to afford the ending that they wanted to use originally, because it was bound to have been better than what they ended up with.

The lORD OF THE RINGS RETURN OF THE KING - i liked the whole movie and the regular ending was alright i just think it was too "Happy". i know thats how the book ended so they couldnt change it but it just wasnt the way i pictured it. i pictured sam and frodo charging into mount doom right above the lava. there are a bunch of guards that grab Frodo and Sam. sam tries to fight them off but they kill him. Frodo breaks free and dives into the lava with the ring in his hand killing himself and destroying the ring. i would have the other people like Aragon and stuff end the same.

How about that crappy spider in It, that was pretty horrible. Well I thought the rest of the movie was pretty horrible.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Has anybody here seen Razor Face?
Ok worst final scene... and I know it was a true story and all... Braveheart! Ok I am a girl and I saw it when I was about 13... I still can't let go of the disappointment. Cuz that was painful.

You do realize that Lord of the Rings is a book and they wern't going to change the end when they tried to follow the rest of it so much. But I also felt they dragged out the end to much.

As bad endings go I wasn't happy with the ending to Van Helsing. Then again when I watched it it was late and I wasn't to sure what was going on in the rest of the movie.

[quote=VampireJesus]You do realize that Lord of the Rings is a book and they wern't going to change the end when they tried to follow the rest of it so much. But I also felt they dragged out the end to much.QUOTE]

yeah thats why in my post i said "i know thats how the book ended but i still didnt like it"

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
yeah thats why in my post i said "i know thats how the book ended but i still didnt like it"
I think he was talking about some of the other guys.

Originally Posted by AshLee
Same here, although I was expecting some sort of showdown with Sauron. And why so many endings?
Essentially, there was a showdown with Sauron, which took place at the Black Gates. In the book, there is a character called "The Mouth of Sauron", who speaks for the Dark Lord himself. Remember, Sauron is a giant, flaming eyeball (and I always pictured him more ethereal than anything).

Oh, and about the endings: that's essentially the way the book ends, and there are actually more "endings" than the ones you see on film, and all of them are great.

hey, thanks to whoever gave me a bad rep thing for dissing that crappy It movie! God forbid I would give my opnion on how much that pice of S**t movie sucks (escepially the ending). It sucks.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Sleezy
I think he was talking about some of the other guys.

Essentially, there was a showdown with Sauron, which took place at the Black Gates. In the book, there is a character called "The Mouth of Sauron", who speaks for the Dark Lord himself. Remember, Sauron is a giant, flaming eyeball (and I always pictured him more ethereal than anything).

Oh, and about the endings: that's essentially the way the book ends, and there are actually more "endings" than the ones you see on film, and all of them are great.
I knew it was a book but I didn't see the point in telling everyone seeing as I was agreeing with what MikeMyers said

I think Peter Jackson said that J.R.R. Tolkein didn't want a bunch of people asking him questions about the ending of the book so he didn't want to leave any lose ends which is what Jackson tried to do.

Ok well here's how i saw the ending for lord of the rings, true it was a long ending, but it wasnt an ending to just a 3 and a half hour movie, it was an ending to an 11 hour movie, so its all proportional.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I knew it was a book but I didn't see the point in telling everyone seeing as I was agreeing with what MikeMyers said
No worries, man. I was just stating that it was a book (and explaining that the book dictated, to some extent, the multiple endings of the film); so that everyone who didn't know it was a book would know why the film ended the way it did.

Originally Posted by moonchild
Ok worst final scene... and I know it was a true story and all... Braveheart! Ok I am a girl and I saw it when I was about 13... I still can't let go of the disappointment. Cuz that was painful.

I wholly disagree with you on every imaginable level of disagreement. I respect your opinion, but Braveheart is one of only 2 movies that can get me to cry. That ending, its the perfect top to an incredible movie. I could think of no other way for that movie to be nearly as inspiring or moving.

the mouth of sauron is in rotk game and you do showdown with him

I think LOTR ended fine. i do agree that it's a bit happy chappy, but it was suitable.

Originally Posted by quiball
I think LOTR ended fine. i do agree that it's a bit happy chappy, but it was suitable.
it might have been a bit less 'happy-chappy' had they included the Scouring of the Shire. That might have created more problems than is would have solved.

Bug Planet Proximus
damn
this is one of those questions you know you have a million answers to, but just cant think of one.

hmmm, i guess the 2001 ending was a little abrupt, (not like i wanted it to go on any longer ).
i guess the godfather also finished quite abruptly, but that could have been that i had read the book and knew a whole bunch more story was still to come(and once again, the ending was anticipated).
i guess most movies endings you are shocked at are when you are younger and dont understand anything meaningful or beyond a happy ending. As a child the depressing ending to The French Connection aggrevated me but now i love it, wish i could say the same about the movie. Taxi Drivers ending baffled me as a child.
I was a little shocked to find so many people didnt like the ending to crouching tiger hidden dragon when it came out.
ps. now there should definitely be a best ending thread, i got a million movies zipping through my mind.