Her

→ in
Tools    

Spoilers...So the movie follows Theodore who is an emotional haemophiliac who falls in love with an artificially intelligent and very politically correct computer who flirts and makes sex noises for him. When finding out she simultaneously does the exact same thing for thousands of men across the globe, instead of being like F you b**** I'm out of here ✌️ Instead he decides to stick around and continues to simp for her affection.....But she leaves him anyway.

Personally I would have found it a better ending if he smashed the computer too pieces to the soundtrack of Office Space, but I don't think many people would get that movie reference. Despite finding it hard to get behind the main character, Phoenix delivered an amazing performance as Theodore. It was also beautifully directed with stunning visual imagery and it had a great background score. Overall I strangely found this movie captivating considering I wasn't keen on any of the characters, or the humour.

My rating... Four and a half star

Loved this movie...think I rated it the same as you did. One of my favorite Joaquin Phoenix performances.
Same. You probably know Samantha Morton was let go from this movie after she finished her rôle. Jonze felt she wasn’t quite right & cast Scarlett instead.

Loved this movie...think I rated it the same as you did. One of my favorite Joaquin Phoenix performances.

Yeah he's such a diverse actor especially how he could play someone as soft as Theodore to someone as intimidating as Freddie in The Master. Very diverse

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
There's been better movies much earlier. Now, it's mainstream. Movies, art, politics are always at least a decade (or century) behind, but that's commerce for you. They wait until they think they have another blockbuster.

This was made 61 years ago. I think it's much better, too.

"The Doll" (1962)

There's been better movies much earlier. Now, it's mainstream. Movies, art, politics are always at least a decade (or century) behind, but that's commerce for you. They wait until they think they have another blockbuster.

This was made 61 years ago. I think it's much better, too.

"The Doll" (1962)
Wow thanks for this - looks excellent.