6.67%
1 votes
Darius Khondji, Bardo: False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths
20.00%
3 votes
Mandy Walker, Elvis
15 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I forgot the opening line.
Seen them all now. Just watched Empire of Light, and thought there were many clever shots, and beautiful vistas of trees, beach and cinema seats. Roger Deakins is great. But it just so happens he has stiff competition, and I'm still all for Bardo winning. Below are my rankings :

1. Bardo: False Chronicle of a Handful of Truths - Darius Khondji
2. All Quiet on the Western Front - James Friend
3. Tár - Florian Hoffmeister
4. Empire of Light - Roger Deakins
5. Elvis - Mandy Walker

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

James Friend did win the Best Cinematography Oscar for All Quiet on the Western Front.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Well, at least it was good, not great.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
Not a strong bunch to choose from this year, and I thought All Quiet... winning was pretty much a shoo-in, all things considered.