Fahrenheit 911 - Michael Moore's next movie

Tools    

Anyone else looking forward to seeing "Fahrenheit 911" when it comes out in the fall? I'm sure it'll be extremely controversial, but if it's anything similar to "Bowling For Columbine" or "Roger & Me" with it's mix of humor and serious sh*t... it should be interesting...

"God, Sex & Apple Pie" -- New Movie in Stores Now
Official Website for the independent film God, Sex & Apple Pie

i heard that they're making a movie Fahrenheit 451 even though they already amde a movie in the 60s i think about it. It's from the book by Ray Bradbury. Is it that same one or are they two totally different ones?

"I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world."
-Angelina Jolie

Originally Posted by ks0616
i heard that they're making a movie Fahrenheit 451 even though they already amde a movie in the 60s i think about it. It's from the book by Ray Bradbury. Is it that same one or are they two totally different ones?

Two totally different movies…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I didn't know about this new Michael Moore movie so instead of asking on the boards and probably waiting a few days to figure out what he has to say about 9/11... I looked it up on http://www.mooreexposed.com/f911.html which said:

"Its about the Bush family, their extensive connection with the Bin Laden family and the environment within the USA post Sept 11. He has footage of the Bush family dining with the Bin Laden family. It elaborates on the business relationship between the families that has existed for many years. It explores how a Saudi charter plane travelled the US immediately after Sept 11 and how the FBI were pissed that they couldn't interrogate its Bin Laden passengers as they were ferried to Paris. It looks at the way in which the government used the events of Sept 11 to push their own agendas. . . ."

the scene with the families dinning together haha... this I must see

Originally Posted by kaisersoze
I didn't know about this new Michael Moore movie so instead of asking on the boards and probably waiting a few days to figure out what he has to say about 9/11...
Everything that michael moore sets out to do he does well and contrary to what some people says all of his stuff is thoroughly researched and correct. I recommend that u go and rent out Bowling for columbine which one best documentary at last years oscars or read one of his books Dude where's my country or stupid white men which are very good also.

Farhrenheit 9/11 also won BEST PICTURE at the cannes film festival with a jury made up of mostly americans and when shown there was given a 20 MINUTE standing ovation and was the first documentary to win best picture there since the 1950's.

It should be in most cinema's in America but won't be coming to australia until august...Sad for me i know.

So to all of you americans i say this GO AND WATCH THIS MOVIE so that you can all see the side of bush that is usually kept quiet and you can in your upcoming elections kick him out of office so that we can this stupid "war on error{sic}" and once again i can have some degree of faith in your country.

I ate all your bees.
What do you think of this review of the movie then?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/reviews...renheit911.htm

Originally Posted by coma_purple
Everything that michael moore sets out to do he does well and contrary to what some people says all of his stuff is thoroughly researched and correct.

Do you have any idea how insanely easy it is to rip a number of the claims in Fahrenheit 9/11 to shreds? It's littered with instances of so-called "poetic license."

And yes, I took the time to go see it. I noticed a number of blatant mistakes off the top of my head, while in the theater, and discovered more after I got home and could investigate further.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by coma_purple
Everything that michael moore sets out to do he does well and contrary to what some people says all of his stuff is thoroughly researched and correct.

HA!! Please...

reserched by whom...the keebler elves?? Bill Wilkins, owner of the haunted amusement park? Or perhaps the "Average gun owner" portrayed in Columbine (aka wack job survival nut)?

So what about all the evidence that he skewed facts in Columbine? Please come forth with all the verification you have of all of his claims. I figure you don't have any, as it doesn't exist. The Heston interview has been debunked (the pasting together of separate Heston speech's by Moore has been verified), the Lockheed plant makes satellites for weather and exploration (although they could be mobilized into a weapons plant, they currently do not produce weapons). The bank scene at the beginning failed to mention the fact that Moore had to go through an FBI background check, AND deposit at least $1000 into CD account to get his free gift (a hunting rifle, not a glok btw). Lets see how many criminals wish to deposit 1k to get an unwieldy gun that is incredibly difficlut to conceal. Just how many bank robbers use a bolt action hunting rifle to try and hold over a dozen or more people at bay during a robbery when they can buy an automatic pistol in an alley for $200 or less.

His claims in Columbine are ridiculous in my mind, and only serve to discredit the man (I kind of liked Moore before Columbine). I have yet to see F911, and I plan on it, hopefully there is a fact or two in it...

I will say that Moore has quite a bit of talent for leading his viewers though.

Originally Posted by Sedai
HA!! Please...

reserched by whom...the keebler elves?? Bill Wilkins, owner of the haunted amusement park? Or perhaps the "Average gun owner" portrayed in Columbine (aka wack job survival nut)?

So what about all the evidence that he skewed facts in Columbine? Please come forth with all the verification you have of all of his claims. I figure you don't have any, as it doesn't exist. The Heston interview has been debunked (the pasting together of separate Heston speech's by Moore has been verified), the Lockheed plant makes satellites for weather and exploration (although they could be mobilized into a weapons plant, they currently do not produce weapons). The bank scene at the beginning failed to mention the fact that Moore had to go through an FBI background check, AND deposit at least $1000 into CD account to get his free gift (a hunting rifle, not a glok btw). Lets see how many criminals wish to deposit 1k to get an unwieldy gun that is incredibly difficlut to conceal. Just how many bank robbers use a bolt action hunting rifle to try and hold over a dozen or more people at bay during a robbery when they can buy an automatic pistol in an alley for $200 or less.

His claims in Columbine are ridiculous in my mind, and only serve to discredit the man (I kind of liked Moore before Columbine). I have yet to see F911, and I plan on it, hopefully there is a fact or two in it...

I will say that Moore has quite a bit of talent for leading his viewers though.
Thank you! I liked Bowling for Columbine and thought Moore was ok until I heard about alll the lies and "editing" in his movies and books. The book "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man" was a fun read. I read something about 15 or 20 MAJOR fallacies in F9/11 and a whole bunch of minor ones.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Originally Posted by Sedai
HA!! Please...

I will never look at a Keebler cookie the same again…

I saw the movie too, for free that is. I'm a republican. Let me say that first but I have nothing against the democratic party just the people in it! Nowadays anyway. To briefly outline the movie, I have to say most of his major points were twisted and wrong but some had a small point to them that checked out correctly. Yes, it's true the movie was acurate but not as acurate as you think. It's basically a leftist-argumentatious side of everything that doesn't give the full picture like they never do. It's true The Bushes did fly all the Binladen's out of the country when 9/11 hit but that doesn't mean he's working with Osama! When it hit, the FBI, CIA and the president all suspected Osama Bin Laden so they didn't want his family to get hurt. Osama is an outcast in his family. He was even kicked out of his country. The Bushes are working with the Binladen's because they're obviously business partners or associates. 'Cause you know old Bush and Cheney, Mr. and Mrs. Oil. It has nothing to do with the Bushes in anyway connected to or condoning the september eleventh crisis and is preposterous to say so. What Michael did was instead of giving false information (which would be propaganda) he only gave enough in the movie to imply something or make you think. Take my opinion, the movie's a piece of crap and VERY anti-american.