Are U Crazy about LotR's??

Tools    

Well I am! Ever Since December 2001 when I met the Cast and Crew! Since then i've been Hooked! If you are click the link at the bottom of my sig! (Sorry for the plugging!)

Well Share your tales of Lotr's, Why you love it? Have you met any of the cast? Have you been to where it was filmed?

I would tell my story but I won't until someone ask's otherwise I just feel like I'm boring people!

Piggle
x x x x

(Now i'll just wait to see if anyone replies!)

http://www.2madcowsmoovies.com/image...moolinkani.gif

I don't fear the Insanity! I Enjoy it!

Get off my island
I get kicked repeatedly every time I say this, but I never was able to see why everyone loved the book and films so much. They're OK, but for people to say they are the best thing ever, well I can't understand that.

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

During the Saturday prayer in Jewish synagogues, the Rabbi raises the Torah, everybody points at it and then kisses their hands. This is a way to show respect towards the book, and express your love to God.

There is a certain group of people that point using their pinky. That's right, their little pinky finger. And you can ask any great religious leader why they do it, but no one will have a satisfactory explaination. They just do that. No reason. It's not really comfortable to use your pinkey either. It's a lot more comfortable to use your index finger.

Further research into the matter reveals the truth. The do it, because others do it.
You see, it's your first time in a synagague. What do you do? You try to duplicate other people's actions. You try to repeat everything others do, 'cause you don't really know what you should do yourself.

It appears that a few people did that for no reason at the beginning. Then others joined. And then it became a custom. And till this day, some silly people point using their fat little pinkeys. They think it has a meaning, but they don't know it. And while most religious customs have a meaning (just not known to the masses), this custom has no meaning at all.

Lord of the Ring is the same. Your freind points using his pinkey. You point using yours too. He says LOTR cool, then you say it's cool. Then your family thinks it's cool. Then your teachers, your friends, your work-mates.

Is it really cool? It must be. I mean, everyone thinks it's cool.

Then the academy thinks it's cool. I mean, if all reviewers said it was great, can the academy ignore them?

And so, an entire generation of movie-goers fanatically adore a badly-directed poorly-told fantasy flick.
An entire generation with a pinky that never told the truth.

Get off my island
I presume you also think it's a bit overrated? In any case, that's a brilliant analogy

I See You When You're Sleeping
Well I for one don't think the movies are anything to do with pinkeys.

Get off my island
I presume you like it then

I love it. I like that particular genre of film so I don't have to get influenced by anyone. Sure, people say wow, that's a cool film just to follow crowds, but some of us don't need to.

Anyway I think the 'cool' thing right now is to say you don't like the films.

Did I point out this is a lotr's lovers thread??? I want people to post who love it not people who dont! i've heard those veiws before!

Now its all about the loving!!

So Unless you have something nice to say, dont say anything at all!!

I'm not saying you can't voice your opinions, just im sick of hearing people who didnt like it! I just wanna hear from the people who do!

Piggle
x x x x

Get off my island
Originally posted by MinionTV
Anyway I think the 'cool' thing right now is to say you don't like the films.
It is??!?!?!?!?!?!? Maybe because I'm the only person out of a huge group of friends who thinks it's not all that. My girlfriend is like the pope of all LOTR fans, so you can imagine how low profile I keep my views. So if you want to say LOTR is good, very well! Indeed, LOTR is a good film *cough*

Yeh great films, great books. Ah but where art thou Tom Bombadil?

Get off my island
I guess he was too perfect to be shown in the film, and was thus conveniently to make time. Not to mention the fact he sounds old and fat and yet still manages to snag a fit babe girlfriend

I am crazy about lotr's i shouldnt be but I guess being one of the few who hasnt read the book yet im really hanging out year by year for the next installment and its always just lurking in there never forgotten, always thinking cant wait until the next one. Also they are a high quality entertainment, without the guns or nukes and syit like that

Get off my island
It was good how they moved the fight at the place whose name I've utterly forgotten from the start of Two Towers to the end of Fellowship. It turned a bad ending into a mediocre ending. No blaspheming intended.