Robin Williams

Tools    

So what do you think of Robin?
Even though haven't many of his more acclaimed performances like Good will Hunting, I hold him in regard as a funny guy, who's had some fair roles

Films I've seen by year:
(1984) Moscow on the Hudson

(1992) Alaadin

(1993) Mrs. Doubtfire

(1995) Jumanji
-
(1996) Jack

(2006) Night at the Muesem
+
(2006) Happy Feet

(2006) RV
+
(2009) Worlds Greatest Dad
+
(2009) Night at the Muesem:Battle of the Smithsosnian
-
(2009) Old Dogs
-

Chappie doesn't like the real world
He's been in a lot of crap, but I like quite a few of his movies. I love The World According to Garp and Good Will Hunting. Some other good ones are One Hour Photo, Good Morning Vietnam, The Fisher King and The Birdcage. There are some other of his roles that I like as well, but those are off the top of my head.

He hasn't been in many movies I like, but I do like him, as he seems to be a genuinely nice person. My favorites from him are Good Will Hunting and the underrated Patch Adams.

he seems to be a very warm person.Judging from his movies,it looks like he's not even acting,his performances just look so natural.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
What about 'The Awakenings'? He was pretty good in that movie and even though De Niro tried to steal the whole movie, Williams' performance did really stand out.

What about 'The Awakenings'?
personally,I disliked that movie and I think that both Williams and De Niro performances were mediocre.I liked Williams in Dead Poet's Society (maybe it's because I like the film) and I remember liking him in Good Morning,Vietnam although I haven't seen this film in ages.But basically,I would agree with Oscars - RW was great in Good Will Hunting.

Robin Williams is a very talented guy who could use a little guidance in picking scripts that are appropriate for him, but he definitely has more in the "win" column than the "lose"...my favorite Robin Williams performances:

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP
MOSCOW ON THE HUDSON
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM
MRS. DOUBTFIRE
ONE HOUR PHOTO

I also think he deserved an Oscar nomination for his voice work in ALADDIN.

I haven't seen it. I remember when it came out, though. I believe when I was in the 4th grade, my teacher used to make us play the game during class. If I'm remembering that right....

Finished here. It's been fun.
He was good in Good will Hunting. That's a great film. I am one of the few people I guess who doesn't think What Dreams May Come is that bad. It's not great yeah, but it's a decent film imo.

My most watched films with him are Aladdin and Hook (as far back as memory serves). I'll post again if there's another one that makes the repeat viewing.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Dead Poets Society is one of my favorite movies, and one of his best performances.

I also loved him in The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come.

Dead Poets Society is one of my favorite movies, and one of his best performances.

I also loved him in The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come.

I remember enjoying What Dreams May Come, but prob won't watch it again.

The Birdcage I might buy sometime, it's a pretty impressive one.

Haven't seen Good Will Hunting or Dead Poets Society.

I might rewatch Bicentennial Man in a Chris Columbus marathon.

I remember enjoying What Dreams May Come, but prob won't watch it again.
What Dreams May Come is a good movie, but it's a tough watch.

I might rewatch Bicentennial Man in a Chris Columbus marathon.
I saw Bicentennial Man many years ago, but I don't remember much about it. I should probably rewatch it too.

I think the movie of his that I haven't seen yet, that I want to see the most, is The World According to Garp. I've heard it's very good, but it's another one that's supposed to be a tough watch.

August Rush is a very good movie, but more for the movie itself than for him.

I'll put in a vote for Bicentennial Man (1999) as a very underrated sci-fi film!

It's concepts are familiar to sci-fi fans, and they are deep as it's based on stories by Isaac Asimov. At the same time, it is a fun and entertaining watch.
My usual criticism: at 2 hours and 12 minutes it feels a little long for the subject matter even though the story covers an epic scope. (I think it would have done much better and been more popular if it had just been kept under 2 hours.)

...I think the movie of his that I haven't seen yet, that I want to see the most, is The World According to Garp. I've heard it's very good, but it's another one that's supposed to be a tough watch...
Very true on both points, excellent film and a sad watch. Personally I'm not a fan of Robin Williams in movies though I liked him as a comedic guest on late night shows. The one film of his that I want to watch is One Hour Photo.

Oh I forgot, I did like him as Teddy Roosevelt in the Night at the Museum movies.

Very true on both points, excellent film and a sad watch. Personally I'm not a fan of Robin Williams in movies though I liked him as a comedic guest on late night shows. The one film of his that I want to watch is One Hour Photo.
I tried watching One Hour Photo years ago, but I wasn't able to finish it. I rented the DVD from Blockbuster Video, (that's how long ago it was), but the disc was bad. I think I saw about the first half hour or so before the disc stopped working. I always planned to try watching it again, but I just never got around to it.

Oh I forgot, I did like him as Teddy Roosevelt in the Night at the Museum movies.
I don't like Ben Stiller, but I saw the first Night at the Museum movie, and I thought it was pretty good, but I never got around to watching the sequels. I think I have the DVDs, so I might watch them eventually.

I tried watching One Hour Photo years ago, but I wasn't able to finish it. I rented the DVD from Blockbuster Video, (that's how long ago it was), but the disc was bad. I think I saw about the first half hour or so before the disc stopped working. I always planned to try watching it again, but I just never got around to it.

I don't like Ben Stiller, but I saw the first Night at the Museum movie, and I thought it was pretty good, but I never got around to watching the sequels. I think I have the DVDs, so I might watch them eventually.
If I remember correctly, I think the sequel to Night at the Museum was actually better than the first (if that's the one that had Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart).

One Hour Photo is worth the watch. A true departure for Robin Williams (who usually played the leading good guy or accompanying comic relief) and a genuinely interesting thriller with a unique plot.