One movie that changed you

Tools    

I can't believe I forgot Starship Troopers.
Couldn't sleep for a week, after it.

Huh. And me, I sleep during Starship Troopers and would be just as happy to forget the whole thing.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You think it's boring? Surely not.
Unsophisticaed, maybe. Badly acted, let's suppose.
But boring? no way.

Starship Troopers? I can see someone finding it cool, entertaining, etc, but moving? It doesn't seem like the kind of film that would "change" someone.

Additionally, I can't fathom how someone could find it "dull." Bad, maybe, but not dull. Giant insects massacring people is never dull, no matter how forced the battlefield dialogue may sound.

I concur Dr. Yoda.

I liked it
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i liked starship troopers too, but i must question your unwavering love of giant insects, yoda. one need only see "them", or any of its myriad brethren in the giant insect b-movie genre to come up with examples of totally dull movies featuring people fighting bugs. one particularly lame offender is 'the wasp woman'.

....of course, this is coming from someone who fell asleep during 'gladiator'.

Originally posted by linespalsy
i liked starship troopers too, but i must question your unwavering love of giant insects, yoda.
Umm...I think he eats them.

I can't really think of any film that totally changed my outlook on life, but I suppose I'll say Psycho, if only because it began my love of movies.

After watching a movie i took an oath that,i won't go to movies without knowing their reviews...That was the movie "sucker punch".I took a decision that,hereafter i will go to a movie,if it has positive reviews.So,sucker punch gave me a lesson that,don't go movies without knowing it's review....

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Lord Of The Rings.

The Fellowship Of The Ring was the first film I ever saw in cinemas and it blew me away. There was so much beauty, so much emotion put into a film basically about a midget travelling to drop a piece of magical jewellery in a volcano.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I wouldn't say it "changed me" but how about Taxi Driver? That feeling of wanting to do something to right some of the wrongs in society. I think we all have fantasies of vigilantism from time to time.

Also to some extent Heath Ledgers Joker portrayal. We would probably have a much more enjoyable experience on Earth if we followed the Joker's philosophy. Not necessarily causing death and destruction, but having no fear of anything or worrying, just doing things and not caring about the consequences etc. You cant imagine the Joker worrying about his mortgage payments or whether or not he was employed or money, talking to the opposite sex, getting in a fight, pain etc etc etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Raging Bull- when I saw that movie, I knew I wanted to get involved with film in some way. I started studying film, learning what I could from where I could, watching as many movies as I could. Martin Scorsese is one of my favorite directors (as I am sure he is for many others) and it was his movies that were really the gateway for my obsession with film and its fascinating history.

If it wasn't him, it might have been some other director, but I don't think it would have hit me as hard as it did when I saw Raging Bull.

Andrey Tarkovski's "Stalker".

The movie In America change my thinking on how we should perceive people and not assume the worst of them always. another film like that from the 80's or 90's was With Honors .