Jumper

→ in
Tools    

here's what I thought of Jumper. Don't really disagree with any of Yoda's points, or at least not strongly enough to pick at his review, but I was a lot more forgiving of the movie than he or most other reviewers seem to have been. I'd give it a
. You'll have to decide for yourself if you want to see it. I say you could do worse, but can't recommend it strongly as anything more than a rental.

Just finished watching this film and I have to agree with Yoda's review. Too many holes, too many paths left unexplored, too confusing on many levels, not the least of which has been mentioned already... Where did they all come from?

Questions ad infinitum...

A decent film. Jamie Bell's performance is particularly good. I would say that the film is worth going to see but by no means a classic.

Fat chicks need love too
That was a really good review.. I agree completely about having a great idea, but executed poorly.. It's such a shame too because I had high hopes for this movie but it left way too many things untied and unsaid

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
New DVD covers, they look wonderful:

They look awesome. This film was quite good fun. Might buy it on DVD now because of those covers.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'm sorry, off comment about the covers, does it look like flames are coming out his butt?

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I liked Jumper, i had low expectations when i heard it was from the director of The Bourne Identity, yuk. I was plesantly suprised though (i hope this isn't a bump)

Only can i say, is that the book is much better than the movie.

But... i'll buy it on DVD. xD

O wow! I haven't seen this covers! Are amazing.

movie was crap! nice try, i thought that the idea was cool but it just ended there....
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

.....doesn't know what to put here!
O wow! I haven't seen this covers! Are amazing.
i agree, i hope the UK covers are just as good

Last DVD watched-Scary Movie 3

Last DVD Bought-Scary Movie 3

i agree with the most viewers and say that the film was alright. I enjoyed watching it but it was not a movie that I think will remember to well in 5 years. Definitely worth watching if it ever comes on tv.

-Hattori Hanzo

totally loved the book. TOTALLY love Stephen Gould. Please tell me they didnt ruin it. From the trailers it looked unfaithful to the book, but still pretty awesome in a big-budget action film kind of way.

And Anakin Skywalker actually looked hot with the buzzcut.

Okay, I just seen it. Was it just me, but I was wondering why Samuel L. Jackson was so obsessed with killing the jumpers? He seemed like a mad man.

...uh the post is up there...

The ideas surrounding the movie were quite inspirational I must say, but the plot was despicable. I went to see the movie with about 4-5 friends at the theater and they all loved it, I'm the only one who disliked it. I felt it was too much of a non-sequitir for my tastes.

Okay, I just seen it. Was it just me, but I was wondering why Samuel L. Jackson was so obsessed with killing the jumpers? He seemed like a mad man.
Jumper is actually one book of several written by Stephen Gould.

I could be wrong, but I've always understood that he is the same man as Stephen Jay Gould below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Jay_Gould
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/

Clearly a brilliant man. If he is the same man, then in addition to his academic pursuits, he contributed in a great way to SciFi literature.

There was far more to the storyline of the book and the SERIES about the Jumpers than the movie depicted.

So yeah. If you compare the movie to the book, the movie sucked. If you take the movie as it was, it was basic action flick with missing motivations.

As he explained in the film, he's part of an organization that regards their powers as unnatural. They don't think anyone should have that level of power, and thus are dedicated to eradicating jumpers. Funnily enough, I kind of think they have a point, though not enough of one to, you know, murder people.

As he explained in the film, he's part of an organization that regards their powers as unnatural. They don't think anyone should have that level of power, and thus are dedicated to eradicating jumpers. Funnily enough, I kind of think they have a point, though not enough of one to, you know, murder people.

Same here, I mean "they all go bad"? From what I seen, at most they were annoying.