Xfire - PC gaming IM tracker

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
anyone heard of this?

http://www.xfire.com/

basically an IM/pager that tracks if you're online and gaming, and if so, what game you're playing. lets your friends ping you.

might come in handy for those of us playing second life not wanting to make a whole weekly calendar for who's playing when ...

i joined, user "thmilin"

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I've used it in the past, but then kept forgetting to use it etc and then never reinstalled it after a reformat.

BUT, it is a pretty damn handy program, I may have to think about giving it a go again.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
what annoyed me is it came bundled as part of installation for Civ 4 or something else (I've been installing a bunch of things after a new computer build). i said yes to it, forgot about it, then discovered it popped up with a login request on every restart.

you can set it not to do that, and you can also set it to auto-login. meaning you'll never forget to use it, and it'll stop popping up to ask you to.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I had it for FARCRY...but don't have it as of right now.

Suspect's Reviews

stranger then a drunken mime
Xfire is always runnign on my computer.. want to play witha friend. double click their name and im in their server. Best for cs.

Neva heard of this before. better check it out

Originally Posted by Symphony
Xfire is always runnign on my computer.. want to play witha friend. double click their name and im in their server. Best for cs.

You ready? You look ready.
I use this everynow and then. I only get on to contact the guys down at the local computer shop. They have no lives and, as such, are on near 24/7/365.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

stranger then a drunken mime
Originally Posted by John McClane
I use this everynow and then. I only get on to contact the guys down at the local computer shop. They have no lives and, as such, are on near 24/7/365.

haha, gamers are people to!! don't they deserve their own little chat system. :P