2008 was an insane year for comedies

Tools    

Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Role Models, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

I'm sure there's more I've missed including more serious comedies like In Bruges.

Superbad and Hot Fuzz the year before as well and The Hangover the year after.

Any other year compete with this? Or maybe just remembering youth makes everything seem funnier? I was 13 at the time

Semi-Pro as well! Although I don't think most of these will stand the test of time 10 years or so from now.

2007 was better.

Superbad
Ratatouille
Grindhouse
Hot Fuzz
Knocked Up
Juno
The Darjeeling Limited
Hot Rod
Death at a Funeral
Walk Hard
The Simpson’s Movie
Shoot Em Up
Waitress
Eagle vs. Shark
Murder Party
The Brothers Solomon

In France, Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis (Welcome to the Sticks) (2008) was among the most successful ever — maybe still Top 3. The Italian remake was ok too.

Maybe Ghost Town (2008) if you like Ricky Gervais.

Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Role Models, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

I'm sure there's more I've missed including more serious comedies like In Bruges.

Any other year compete with this? Or maybe just remembering youth makes everything seem funnier? I was 13 at the time
Love Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, and Tropic Thunder

Movie Forums Stage-Hand

All are classic movies!

I would add Burn After Reading and In Bruges. Even JCVD, which is a very solid Van Damme vehicle with tones of drama, action, and humor.