What is your favorite horror series & why?

Tools    

My favorite horror series is Halloween. Resurrection wasn't all that great, but it kept the feel of the movie. As the Nightmare On Elm Streets progressed, they started to add comedy, & little cheesy things. I love Freddy Kreuger, but he is pussy. Attacking people in their dreams, where u cant even defend urself, lol. & Jason movies started to get cheesy, with Jason Goes to Hell. That movie sucked, horribly. & Jason X really sucked with all that future crap, & the cheesy comedy things in it. The AI robot, lol. Scream was awsome. I dont have too many bad things to say about scream, cuz it was awsome. But Halloween really kept to the horror & suspense for all of the movies. To me, that kept me scared for the whole damn movie.
WARNING: "Halloween Resurrection" spoilers below
Now, Resurrection wast all that great, cuz Jamie Lee Curtis died & all, but it was still good, & ya'll know she is gonna come back in the next 1. Cuz if he can come back, she can come back.
Well, tell me wat ya'll think.

My life isn't written very well.
For me it's probably the Romero "Living Dead" series. They're just great. Each has its own feel and atmosphere--that non-blockbuster documentary sense. They are also statements of the state of America upon their release years: 60's (racism, Vietnam), 70's (Corporate uprising, consumerism)and 80's(Technology, women as heroes).

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

while halloween is my favorite horror movie i dont like the whole series. i just pretend it ended at Halloween II. after halloween II (except Halloween H20) Michael acted to "jason like" which is just killing everyone and make buckets of blood and gore. but my favorite series is Nightmare on elm street. through all the films Freddy never lost his creative comedic killing styles. he was definitly the smartest out of the three.

I think the best is The Trilogy of the Dead (Romero) has they are all brilliant as films, horror and a series although my personal favourite is Evil Dead as theres so much to be had out of them. 1) brilliant horror film 2) perfect, excellent mix comedy and horror 3) Jason and the Argonauts styley, very funny.
Also i thought that Jason Goes To Hell was great. It had an interesting spin and was pulled of well without being cheesy, maintaing seriousness and being scary with some great kills. Im not sure if it had anything to do with Wes Cravens New Nightmare, trying for a new spin on the franchise, any ideas?

A web site "mongiemovie.com" allows you to sort out favorite series. Seem a better tool than IMDb.com

Originally Posted by intimidator6123
My favorite horror series is Halloween. Resurrection wasn't all that great, but it kept the feel of the movie. As the Nightmare On Elm Streets progressed, they started to add comedy, & little cheesy things. I love Freddy Kreuger, but he is pussy. Attacking people in their dreams, where u cant even defend urself, lol. & Jason movies started to get cheesy, with Jason Goes to Hell. That movie sucked, horribly. & Jason X really sucked with all that future crap, & the cheesy comedy things in it. The AI robot, lol. Scream was awsome. I dont have too many bad things to say about scream, cuz it was awsome. But Halloween really kept to the horror & suspense for all of the movies.
WARNING: "Halloween Resurrection" spoilers below
To me, that kept me scared for the whole damn movie. Now, Resurrection wast all that great, cuz Jamie Lee Curtis died & all, but it was still good, & ya'll know she is gonna come back in the next 1. Cuz if he can come back, she can come back. Well,
tell me wat ya'll think.
i agree except i have only 1 complaint about resurrection, the fact that they truly threw Rhymes into the movie just for ratings, not so it would help the story, same with LL Cool J, in H20

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
i agree except i have only 1 complaint about resurrection, the fact that they truly threw Rhymes into the movie just for ratings, not so it would help the story, same with LL Cool J, in H20

yea, i know, but busta rhymes do "o.k." except for all that kung fu crap, haha.

they also threw tyra banks into the movie for the same reason. she really had no point of being in the movie except so on the commercial they can say that she is in it.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
i'm not sure if the Scream movies can be considered classic horror but i think all three are definitely worth watching to some extent whereas some of the other horo films series consist of the most pointless movies ever.

Originally Posted by Carissima
i'm not sure if the Scream movies can be considered classic horror but i think all three are definitely worth watching to some extent whereas some of the other horo films series consist of the most pointless movies ever.
yeah, but #3 was really stupid, they had a Jay and Silent Bob cameo, that detracted from the whole thing, but there were a lot of other stupid parts as well, overall i'd say that 2 was the best

And this is my BOOMstick!
Evil Dead series because of Bruce Campbell. He's the kind of character you can't get enough of - tough, funny, smart and witty. But then again, Halloween movies are hell of a lot of fun to watch too, especially the new ones (H2O, Ressurection.)

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Evil Dead series because of Bruce Campbell. He's the kind of character you can't get enough of - tough, funny, smart and witty. But then again, Halloween movies are hell of a lot of fun to watch too, especially the new ones (H2O, Ressurection.)
yes!!!, i don't get what people hated about H20 and Resurrection

i liked H20 but ressurection i just couldnt like. but then im just pissed at all the halloween movies after two just because he got his eyes shot out and they forgot about that. And H20 just left out H4-6. i dont think ressurection would have been good even if the all mighty Donald Pleasence was alive to be in it. And H20 wasnt in Haddonfield, they pissed me off by using a person who sounded like Pleasence in the beginning.

Hellraiser. Pinhead could kick Michael Myers' crappy butt anyday, with like chains and scary hell power!
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

yes, that could happen, but did it ever occur to you that Pinhead might not want to, michael is already in a constant state of torture from the Curse he carries, Pinhead doesn't just randomly kill people

yes, that could happen, but did it ever occur to you that Pinhead might not want to, michael is already in a constant state of torture from the Curse he carries, Pinhead doesn't just randomly kill people
Yeah well...so what

Originally Posted by Fall-from-Grace
Yeah well...so what
i'm just saying that it's an unfair comparison, Pinhead isn't a slasher, he may kill/torture people, but he's not a true slasher.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
yeah, but #3 was really stupid, they had a Jay and Silent Bob cameo, that detracted from the whole thing, but there were a lot of other stupid parts as well, overall i'd say that 2 was the best
Personally i think 3 was the worst, 1 was definately the best. it oozed originality,great viewing.