What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer, The Wicker Man, and Straw Dogs are all quite disturbing.

I also think that the Bob the Builder and the Christmas Concert was quite disturbing...why? cos it is intended for a three to eight audience and it openly promotes adultery...very disturbing

I See You When You're Sleeping
The Hole (2001) really messed me up. I will never watch this film again, I don't think there will be any point to. It was a good film but to watch again would be equal to filling my eyelids with ants. It was a painful experience.

So was Bernies:Weekend at.

I is the most superior in the earth
I know what you've been looking for.
I'll tell you someday.

Freddys Little Friend
arachnoophobia

didn't even spell it right

that is how bad it is.

Requiem for a Dream and Trainspotting

Originally Posted by thmilin
oh oh, i know!! music videos by the Quay Brothers!!!

there was one, i'll never get over it, 3 am on MTV YEARS ago ( i was like, 12 ... so, 1992?) ... and a vid came on with meat moving through a pipe and a twisted little puppet man going crazy and suffering in some decrepit apartment bldg - it looked like Silent Hill meets Voodoo, goodness!
the viddy i think your thinking of may be tool - either prison sex or aenima...which in that case it wasn't quay bros at all but adam jones of tool who did 'em. though they are unmistakenly quay-like. i am 95% the quay bros have done nothing that would be on mtv....too bad...it would surely be more entertaining then anything they do play.....
sorry if someone already adressed this.....

visitor q- *shudders* that movie made me feel dirty. and i like miike movies
naked lunch- another movie that for some reason made me feel really unclean. which is sad cause i know i have seen much worse.....
alice- the jan svankmajer flick, really cool, but also very nightmarish. i think it captured the spirit of carroll novel much better then the disney version.....

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
"The Greatest Trick the Devil ever pull was convincing the world he did not exist" -The Usual Suspects.

"The Monkey's his uncle?" - The Lion King

"I will be the one, and I am nobody's bitch" - The One

andy warhol's BAD. se7en. valley of the dolls.i was 7 when my parents took my sister and i to a drive-in double feature. the first movie was valley of the dolls. it disturbed me to have to sit through that to get to the second feature, the one i really wanted to see, planet of the apes. has there ever been a stranger pairing?

IRREVERSIBLE & CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

These 2 films a so so so so sick.

requiem for a dream.

There are a few disturbing films I've seen lately:

Texas chainsaw massacre (new version)- This film was pretty disturbing, like when the chick pulls a gun out of her pussy and shoots herseflf, or when leatherface chases down a dude, cuts his leg off, carries him into his basement then puts him on a hook through his back and lets him hang and sticks salt in his wounds.

Schindlers List- Just disturbing, the disregard the germans had for human life, they just killed innocent children with no guilt at all.

House of 1000 corpses- This film sucked ass, and i dont recommend it. It was however very disturbing, like TCM, it's full of excessive amounts of blood and gore. This one dude skins a girls dad, then wears his skin around the house. Sick

Originally Posted by hansensback105
Texas chainsaw massacre (new version)
Not even I think.

The The original one directed by Tobe Hooper in my opinion was MUCH more disturbing then the new.

The new one seemed to me like anouther slasher film.

The original one to me seemed like a slasher film, but it had something else to it.

Which was the charactors leatherface went after where "helpless".

Like the guy in the wheel chair. The chicks he pick up without problem and put on a meat hook to watch her boyfriend be cut up for dinner right in front of her while she was in pain.

I think it's much more gruesome then the new one.

But on my opinion of what the most disturbing film is.

I'd have to say Schindlers List.

Being jewish myself, it just hits me real hard.

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
hm...

The Exorcist - when the girl ran down the stairs and the whole general context of the movie

Pulp Fiction - When Marcelles and Butch were in the hillbilly place. i know it may seem a little less disturbing than the others, but to me, any rape scene is a little disturbing

Schindlers List - All to real

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

On the special edition of Reservoir Dogs you can see the scene when Mr Blonde Cuts the guys ear off and actually see him cut it off.

well i couldnt read through all the replies so i dot know if either one of these was mentioned but

check out

ichi the killer (straight up gore)

and

Vulgar a kevin smith movie that left me feeling dead inside
and id like to think that im pretty hard to shock

I haven't been actively following this thread...but I must say that the first time I saw Gummo I found it very disturbing.

It almost shouldn't count because it shocks just for shocks sake, and has no real point. Watching it again it just seemed cheap and voyeuristic, but the first time I actually found myself covering my eyes to avoid watching some scenes.

Cannibal Holocaust
Requiem For A Dream
Men Behind the Sun

Has anyone ever seen any of the Guinea Pig series, also quite disturbing
15 years ago, A mop boy named Melvin Junko fell into a case full of toxic waste and became a hideously deformed creature of superhuman size and strength, he became... The Toxic Avenger, the first superhero from New Jersey! Then came two shitty sequels, sorry about that. This is the real sequel.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Besides the films already mentioned;

Bastard Out Of Carolina

Eyes Without A Face

In The Realm Of The Senses

Sick: The Life And Death Of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist

Nekromantik

Caligula

Baise-Moi

I think Salo is the most disturbing.

Begotten is right up there.