The Italian Job 2003

Tools    

Anyone excited about this one?
I know they're going to ruin a good foreign film, but still... Edward Norton and Jason Statham make me think it's got potential.

What do you think?

I'll go and see it. I quite liked the original. But I'm so tired of the Americans taking a good film and slaughtering it by bringing it to their horrid country. Why's this one called the Italian Job? It doesn't even take place in Italy. The first was made to be British, and I really don't think the Americans willdo a good job.
I do agree though that Jason Statham will make it worth seeing. I don't think much of Norton, however.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...0_trailer.html
Trailer looks pretty promising. It won't be a smart movie, but it'll certainly be fun.
Reminds me of Ocean's Eleven.

It was beauty killed the beast.
The trailer tells waaaaaay to much of the film.

Expect a rather dull performance from Norton; he was forced to due the film by threat of legal action from Paramount.

Expect a rather dull performance from Norton; he was forced to due the film by threat of legal action from Paramount.
Yeah, I heard about that. Quite sad.
Although I can understand Paramount's position on the matter.

Italian Job in name only. What a travesty. Oh, its got Minis and gold. So? There doesnt seem to be much of the rest of the story left.

How can you have the ITALIAN Job set in bloody LA? And i bet theres a crappy nicely resolved Hollywood ending. Nothing like the fantastic ending of the original anyway.

Its true, Hollywood has run out of ideas. Why cant they leave well alone.

Micheal Caine original- Marky Mark remake- need I say more.....Doubt this will be worth the price of admission.

This kind of movie doesn't usually get my attention but with Norton, Sutherland and Statham... it just might work.

And Charlize isn't too hard on the eyes either. But does anyone else get the impression they wanted Angelina Jolie for this part?

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I think it looks like a good flick for the summer!! I can't wait

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I definately agree with the majority on this one - please leave our great British classic alone
Once a new (and im sure very poor) version comes future generations will never see the wonderful original about only one with Ed Norton sporting a REALLY bad tash

Originally posted by Jotun
to their horrid country.
Wow… what a nice way to endear yourself to every American on this board…

Why's this one called the Italian Job? It doesn't even take place in Italy.

The original heist takes place in Italy…

Anyway, this movie looks and sounds like fun… and perhaps that is all it’s meant to be…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm on board with Kong here. Is there any possiblility of there being a surprise to this movie after having seen the trailer? I'll have to pass one this one. I know all the plot points, and that they will all include plenty of crappy Tarrantino-esque dialogue. Rent the original instead.

So it takes place in Italy for five minutes ... my mistake. Overall I don't think it was worth theprice of admission.

Does anyone knows the name of the girls that the tech guy rips her clothes off, at the end of the movie?

thanx