What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I had been after this for ages on Blu Ray.
Have all six Resident Evil films now and have watched the first five over the last couple of days.
The Final Chapter is this afternoon's fare.
love milla jovovich and resident evil games and movies!!

Didn't buy them but I did get all the Indiana Jones movies in a Blu Ray pack, all wrapped up with a bow on it. Raiders was the only one I really wanted but having them all is not a problem. I'll make room for 'em.

Hou Hsiao-hsien's Café Lumière. It doesn't look like it'll be on any streaming services any time soon and I really want to see it, so I just bit the bullet and bought a used copy.

Another rarity I really want to see that still isn't streaming is Tarsem Singh's The Fall. If any of you have a used copy you don't mind parting with or know someone who does, please let me know.

Amazon still doesn’t have the final Homeland dvd for sale, but eBay did so I bought it from them.

Really enjoyed this show. It’s been quite the ride.

Amazon still doesn’t have the final Homeland dvd for sale, but eBay did so I bought it from them.

Really enjoyed this show. It’s been quite the ride.

claire danes is an amazing actress . loved few of her movies especially romeo and juliet

My blu ray of tenet arrived yesterday. My last DVD I think I bought a couple of months ago.

I recently bought The Thief of Bagdad (1924) starring Douglas Fairbanks as I have a growing collection of fantasy adventure films.
The postie delivered it yesterday so hopefully get to watch it in the coming days.

Today, I bought 3 dvd box sets. They were a good price and I was interested in seeing them. I got:

10 Thriller movie pack: Creature feature, which includes:
Piranha
Troll Hunter
Black Sheep
Outlander
Shark Night
The Host
Piranha DD
Rogue
Wolves
Mega Python vs Gatoroid

10 Action movie pack: martial arts, which includes:
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
Black Mask
Shaolin Soccer
Bodyguards and Assassins
Ong-Bak
14 Blades Man From Shaolin
Legend of the Black Scorpion
An Empress and the Warriors
Chocolate

The Alice Faye Collection, which includes:
Lillian Russell
On The Avenue
That Night in Rio
The Gang's All Here

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It was Aquaman and Into the Spiderverse on Bluray, until yesterday when I got Big Trouble in Little China 2 Disc Bluray for $20.

Suspect's Reviews

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Out of convenience, I have been buying my films digitally. The more I’m getting into film and learn to appreciate it, the more I found myself wanting to start a collection. So I decided to buy six films from the criterion collection to start off with a bang. Since this was my first haul, I wanted to acquire some of the greatest films from the best directors in the world. I ended up purchasing:

•Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky

•Tokyo Story by Yasujiro Ozu

•8 1/2 by Ferico Fellini

•Hakakiri by Masaki Kobayashi

•Tree of Life by Terrence Malick

The sixth film I wanted to get was Persona by Ingmar Bergman but it was sold out atm.

The sixth film I wanted to get was Persona by Ingmar Bergman but it was sold out atm.
You chose some good ones for your collection. FYI, Persona can be bought from Amazon. It’s a masterpiece, as you probably know.

Here’s looking at you, kid.
You chose some good ones for your collection. FYI, Persona can be bought from Amazon. It’s a masterpiece, as you probably know.

Wait what??? It’s on Amazon as criterion 👀

I know that persona is a masterpiece but only by reputation. All the films I bought for this haul, I have never seen.

And thank you for the compliment 🙏 I tried to get some good films.

Wait what??? It’s on Amazon as criterion 👀
I never actually said this, but one of the reviewers says it’s a Criterion dvd. My own copy of the movie IIRC is not Criterion.