The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Looking at the pre list discussion Paul Blart seemed like a cult movie for some.

On that note, @Yoda, did anyone even vote for that godforsaken thing?
Hey now, you'll have to wait for the reveal of the Top Five like everyone else.

I first watched Jaws a few times when I was little. Though I loved it back then, I was hesitant to revisit it for a while. I wasn't sure if I'd still consider it to be a great film or just a decent bit of entertainment. But nope, it blew me away once again. It has one of my favorite final acts to any film I've seen. In addition to the suspense and the change in tone to a slasher of sorts, I especially love the focus on the colorful three main characters, especially Quint. His USS Indianapolis monologue is great and adds a handful of layers onto his character. He heavily lingered with me for a while when I rewatched it a couple years ago and continues to do so every time I rewatch the film. Overall, Jaws is great and is as about as perfect as the killer shark movie will ever get. It didn't make my list, but I'm happy to see it on here so high.

Heh. The Raiders bit was fun while it lasted.

Well, Spielberg's the only director to have five entries in the top 100, as well as two in the top ten. Gonna update the directors list after we're finished.

Jaws is an incredible film, and the first five-star movie by Spielberg. It was pretty exciting and well-acted. And the effects for its time are just unbelievable.

Sinve my only Spielberg film on my personal list is revealed, I'll go ahead and reveal my Spielberg rankings (five-stars only).

1. Raiders
2. Jurassic Park
3. Schindler's List
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Jaws
6. E.T.

Still more into Coppola.

Oh, it's going to make it alright, well maybe not It did make the sci fi countdown me thinks. Me be too lazy to check though
I mean, I wouldn't mind it being in top-5 but it just feels a little improbable And Starship Troopers is missing the list too. Verhoeven must be crying himself to sleep.

Showgirls would not have hurt my feelings as someone who likes the Verhoeven

Showgirls is the only movie that was legitimately robbed not making the 100.

All you other forgotten souls, bring your complaints to it. All Showgirls ever asked of you was to love it!

*sobs hysterically*

The trick is not minding
Showgirls is the only movie that was legitimately robbed not making the 100.

All you other forgotten souls, bring your complaints to it. All Showgirls ever asked of you was to love it!

*sobs hysterically*
I feel similarly about The Grapes of Wrath and It Happened One Night missing out.
🥺

I feel similarly about The Grapes of Wrath and It Happened One Night missing out.
🥺

I didn't vote for it so I can't actually complain.

Yes, even I shanked you, Showgirls.

Forgive me.

Honestly, if I was to say there was any movie that I'm actually vexed didn't show, it would be Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Like, what is wrong with you people? Do you have something against chainsaw massacres, or something?

*sobs hysterically*

I mean, I wouldn't mind it being in top-5 but it just feels a little improbable And Starship Troopers is missing the list too. Verhoeven must be crying himself to sleep.
Showgirls would not have hurt my feelings as someone who likes the Verhoeven
Oh! you stole my reply to PahaK

The trick is not minding
I hear ya bro, that is a tragedy. BTW cool review of Jaws, very creative use of emoji.
Thanks!
I’ve decided all of my reviews going forward shall be conveyed via emojis
😏