When do you think superhero films will die?

Tools    

I don't think my local theater is going to play Long Shot this weekend because they are stuffed full of Avengers showings....

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I feel that the last three superhero movies I saw were too much the same. Wonder Woman I thought was considerably good, but I felt that the two that followed, that I saw, Black Panther and Aquaman both copied Wonder Woman it feels like. There is a world that exists in a another dimension, or underwater, or in a hidden African land that no one can find, etc, where there is a magical society that wants to help the world, and these worlds all have monarchy type societies where the superhero is the King, or Princess of that world. So it feels like it's been getting tired and been there, done that, for me.

In fact Wonder Woman is also very similar to Thor, so I guess it's not so original either, but I felt it was better than the two that followed it.

Probably not in the next decade since pop culture merchandise is going strong and a lot of people especially kids are being hooked as new geeks of the genre.

I'm harming nobody, just robbing a few graves.
I don't wish for superhero movies to go away completely, some of my favorite movies are superhero movies, but I just wish that the mainstream movies would evolve into something different, superhero movies have overstayed their welcome, in my opinion. The problem, I think, is that if superhero movies goes away they're just going to be replaced by something equally as tiring, and something that has the same trademark, and is owned by Disney.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
But.... superheroes never really die?

=\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

tbh i have had enough of superhero films, althought i enjoyed the ending of the Avengers saga, but enough is enough, i want my favorite genre to come back to life, the Drama romance thriller