Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Tank Girl
(1995)
3.75/5
Saw this in cinema when it came out, didn't think it deserved the "tanking" (ahem) it got. Bit sprawling but the start of the comic dudes questioning its authenticity really did for it i think.

I have my issues with this movie, like unnecessary tampering with Frank Loesser's wonderful score and some really strange casting choices...Marlon Brando as Sky Masterson? But there is entertainment value here and Michael Kidd's choreography is outstanding.

Tank Girl
(1995)
3.75/5
Great opening titles. I saw bits of it again about a year ago and I'd forgotten how gorgeous Naomi Watts looked .

Make a better place

Enjoyed this mostly because Nic Cage lived up to the hype. He was outstanding as Ed Malus and had us roaring a couple of times especially after he goes undercover in the bear suit. Will surely watch this again sometime.

all this time I thought I was the only one who loves the Nic Cage version

Good to know I'm not alone

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Your Name (2016) - Rewatch on DVD

Still incredible. Even better the second time around. I checked this out from the library again, but it's definitely worth buying. Makoto Shinkai has crafted an amazing story and an equally amazing cast of characters, and the animation is wholly stunning. Funimation's English dub is also flawless from top to bottom. ADR directors Michael Sinterniklaas and Audrey Burne (and Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon) herself Stephanie Sheh are excellent as Taki Tachibana and Mitsuha Miyamizu, the two protagonists who switch bodies, genders, and lifestyles at random times and eventually develop feelings for each other through their time in the other's body, which means they switch characters on occasion. Sinterniklaas is especially convincing as a country girl in a city boy's body as is Sheh as the reverse. I love the scene where Taki-as-Mitsuha grabs her dad by the tie and goes, "You son of a.." and also the one where Mitsuha-as-Taki says, "I could live on what these pancakes cost for a month." Credit also has to go to Shinkai for showing their reactions to the switch without feeling the need to be gross about it. They make the characters likable and easy to connect with, capturing every emotion the two leads experience with aplomb. When they feel sad, we feel sad, when they're busting a gut laughing, we're busting a gut laughing, and when they feel relieved, we feel relieved. All the rest, including Laura Post as Miss Okudera, Catie Harvey as Mitsuha's younger sister Yotsuha, Michelle Ruff in a flashback as Mitsuha's mother, are also excellent, the dub script is completely natural, and Sinterniklaas and Sheh make absolutely sure the dialogue matches the animation. The musical score and songs by RADWIMPS are incredible. Especially cool is that lead singer Yojiro Noda, who sings the songs in Japanese, also sings them in English for the dub. My favorites would have to be Dream Lantern and Nandemonaiya, especially the latter, which play over the opening and closing, respectively. With all the pieces in place, Shinkai has crafted a fun and emotionally rewarding film that offers a fresh and unique view on the human condition and certainly deserves all the affection that's been heaped upon it. Arigatō, Shinkai-san. They don't make 'em like this nearly enough.

John Wick 3: Parabellum (2019) - Chad Stahelski

- One of the most badass cinematic experience ever. Keanu Reeves is just a beast this guy is astounding is so many ways and he make his own stunts. I hope I could be that badass at 54 years old (I can dream). Storyline is pretty simple but the choregraphy and the fighting scenes are amazing. I want moreeeeeee and I can't wait for the 4th one. Love it.

The Great White Silence (Herbert G. Ponting, 1924)

Great Scott, is that a Yorkshire terrier?

Welcome to the human race...
Burning -

so can we redo the MoFo awards because I feel like I've got to change some of my votes now

The Clovehitch Killer (2018)

Effective TV movie-type thriller about a serial killer in a small American town. Tyler, the son, starts to suspect that his dad is the titular killer.

Predictable but enjoyable enough.

Warlock 1989

Late 80's goodness

Game Of Thrones season 8 .

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.