Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels

The film came out a couple of days ago, it's a spin-off of the horror anthology film All Hallow's Eve. Terrifier is for a niche audience and I had looked forward to it, with hopes that the new director would have improved the concept of Art the Clown. The film plays out like a very, very violent slasher film and suffers from a lot of the problems facing the genre. I have a 1,400 word review written up that I'll have on my main thread on Tuesday, along with a video for it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm halfway through this and REALLY enjoying it. Was tempted to nominate it for the Foreign HoF
Ha, would have been funny if we'd both nominated it

Renner went on to a very strong portrayal in Wind River.
I bailed out of Wind River

Portrait Of A Gallery (Adrian McCarthy, 2017)
+
Could have canvassed a little more opinion

Frederick Wiseman documentary. Love his documentaries & I love New York, but 3-1/4 hours of Jackson Heights, Queens was way too much. I did finish it though.

Lady Bird (2017)

''I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be.''

Nightcrawler: 2014
+
Sometimes movie watching looses its magic, the passion to watch them seems to dwindle when everything you see is either "Great" or "Good", but you'll most likely not care about within a week's time.

But then you watch something as magical as Nightcrawler, and the passion and magic comes flooding back. This will be one of the first films I think of when reflecting back on my 2018 watches.

Boldly going.
9/10.
Just saw it today and I loved it. If you were a geek in the '80s like I was, you will enjoy and appreciate this movie.
There were a few small changes from the book, but overall it captured the energy and spirit of the book.
Spielberg is back, baby!

Frederick Wiseman 3-1/4 hours of
That's literally all his Documentaries. His first few were like 90 minutes but for the most part they are 3 Hours+, it's the main reason i haven't attempted to get into him yet.

I like watching movies , I love learning from them
Great quote which is a powerful life lesson! I will try to be the best version of myself

Lady Bird (2017)

''I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be.''

I like watching movies , I love learning from them
I watched "Ready Player One" just a while ago. Really exciting movie, with an important lesson for the era we live in : No matter how beautiful is a game, the internet or virtual reality, no matter how difficult is the real world, in the end of the day, what is important is to live your life in the real world. To be yourself in the real world. To go after your dreams in the real world

Close-Knit (2017) -

Very sweet, moving, and caring lgbt drama following zen-type of conventional japan film form, less confrontative almost like fairytale that ppl with dillema and daily struggle would like to self insert for.
Some parts did bothering like two flashbacks which could be left out and make the story more subtle and elegant. Toma Ikuta actually delivered a nice impression as the trans rinko-san, still it cant totally throw away his previous image of annoying ikemen lol, problem anchoring to where his limit as an actor. Probably it wont botheing much first timer of his tho'.
In other ways the young actress that play tomo-chan(havent check her name) is totally covering all of that what lack in toma. A kid that been longing for reliable mother and sweet translady that found herself strong motherhood, who wouldnt want to see that?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

What can I say? It turned out to be my kind of movie. Nearly wall-to-wall action, a kick-ass heroine, and a good plot. But hey, when John Woo, the guy who directed Face/Off has good things to say, you can probably expect that. It was a whole lot of fun. The animation was really good, too; apparently, the mix of traditionally drawn characters and 3D backgrounds was a pretty big deal at the time and it holds up pretty well despite some of what's been said about it. Also, there are two English dubs: one that was put together by Pioneer/Geneon in 2005 and a second that was put together by ADV/Sentai in 2009, though it would seem only the former is available outside of North America. Both are on the Blu-ray and having skimmed a few scenes from each a while back, I chose to watch it with the Pioneer dub. So... Jessica Straus was really good as Deunan, as was Jamieson Price, surprisingly considering how I picked apart his turn as the Colonel in Pioneer's 2001 dub of Akira, as Briareos. Not that he was bad as the Colonel, just that in my honest opinion, the Colonel really doesn't sound as intimidating as he should without that growl. He was actually, based on my comparison anyway, a lot better than David Matranga, who seemed content to just speak in a boring "let's get this over with" monotone throughout the whole movie. Guess that's why only the original dub is available internationally: The UK and Australia and so forth heard that and decided they didn't want the new dub. All of the supporting characters were good as well. Fun fact: Karen Strassman, Hitomi's Pioneer voice actress also voices Deunan's mother in a flashback. It also had an unusual selection of music for an anime, most of it undoubtedly from the western world. So, yeah, I really enjoyed it and I know I'll be coming back to it in the future. Later, guys.

The Tokyo Night Sky Is Always the Densest Shade of Blue (2017) -

Sekigahara (2017) -

what a mess, fakin h8 dis guy
Time to see these history revisionist in emperor in august as well.

Hell Of High Water (2016) - David Mackenzie

- Probably the best film I've seen from 2016. Ben Foster performance is amazing in every way and Chris Pine which I wasn't a fan at first is pretty good in the movie. Soundtracks, cinematography and sounds effects are great. I'm a huge fan.