Boyhood (2014) - Richard Linklater's newest film

Tools    

Linklater is one of my favourite directors. This looks like it could be extraordinary, not just in terms of doing something unprecedented in cinema but simply in terms of being a great movie. Looking forward to it immensely.

I said this in the other thread, but I'm very excited about this. I'm a big Linklater fan.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I should also note that the film will be three hours in length. You feel anything less would do the concept such an injustice, so that is a good thing.

I should also note that the film will be three hours in length. You feel anything less would do the concept such an injustice, so that is a good thing.
I heard of the run-time, and thought it might be ridiculous. But after seeing the trailer, I really hear what you're saying. It was probably very difficult to cut it down even that much.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
A guy I know on another site, whose film taste I trust for the most part (He loves Swanberg , but also loves Hou, Rohmer and Godard (his favorite film is Godard's King Lear)) saw this at SXSW and was absolutely in love with it. Seems to be only good news following the film

I saw a behind the scenes footage of this last night and not only does the story interest me but the concept and the idea are very intriguing to me. I have seen very little of Linklater aside from A Scanner Darkly (which was in my opinion a marvel in film making) but I do want to see the "Before" trilogy.

I do think this film has the potential to be one that can either be very good or not work. I am hoping it can work.

I had a look for a thread on this but couldn't see one (Apologies if there is)

(Had included link to imdb but told I must have at least 25 posts in order to do so)

Boyhood is the new film from Richard Linklater (Slacker, Dazed & Confused, The 'Before' Triology') of whom I am a huge fan. Similarly to the 'Before' movies the passage of time plays a big part in this film, shot over 12 years it follows a boy from the ages of 6 to 18 and from seeing the vast majority of his oeuvre it's a film I'm very much looking forward to seeing.

All I did was party and get laid.
Anyone really hoping to catch Boyhood this weekend or in the near future? I've heard special things about this new film by Richard Linklater and I'm personally really looking forward to seeing it soon.

I'm interested to see it. a 12 year film can't be bad.
Fire walk with me.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Crazy good ratings and "masterpiece" is being used by many.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Going to Boston next week to see it. I've seriously never seen a film get so much praise. Been anticipating it for the past year.

Also, hello again to anyone who remembers me. Sad to see the popularity of this forum go downhill over the years. I've been lurking weekly still. Peace and love.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Sad to see the popularity of this forum go downhill over the years. I've been lurking weekly still. Peace and love.
?

OT: The praise it's getting is of enormous proportion. I can't wait to see it.

Hey Rico, welcome back.

Also, hello again to anyone who remembers me. Sad to see the popularity of this forum go downhill over the years. I've been lurking weekly still. Peace and love.
Er, we completely smashed our post record last year and we're on pace to do so again this year.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Sorry about that, I guess I've just been on forums with insane amounts of traffic lately. Didn't mean any harm, just a misinterpretation. It's been a while...

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I suppose we'll never know but I wonder if it would be as highly praised if it weren't known it was filmed over a span of 12 years using the same actors. I'm sure it's very good, but after having read some reviews it just seems the process has played a very big role in how it's been received.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Er, we completely smashed our post record last year and we're on pace to do so again this year.
It was just Sexy doing movie commentaries.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've been looking forward to this for a while. Haven't heard anything negative about it yet.