I Walk Through The Valley: The PTA Fan Club

Tools    

We definitely need to get Yoda to setup some Mofo AMAs
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=18804

Aren't those basically AMAs

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I looked at the thread after I posted that and he wrote that he prefers Junun. Don't know if he was being serious but I'll have to check that out some time
Junun's alright, it's interesting and some of it is really impressive but i doubt i'll ever watch it again. Guess he's thankful that he got to document that culture and he clearly thinks very highly of Greenwood. Would be interested in him making a few other docs.

We definitely need to get Yoda to setup some Mofo AMAs
Would be awesome but AMA's are done as part of a persons promotional tour and MoFo doesn't have large enough membership for it to be useful to someone like PTA or whoever. We could probably get an Extra AMA, the dude from Mud 2: Never Clean hopefully

Would be awesome but AMA's are done as part of a persons promotional tour and MoFo doesn't have large enough membership for it to be useful to someone like PTA or whoever. We could probably get an Extra AMA, the dude from Mud 2: Never Clean hopefully
Maybe Michael Bay

Didn't know that. If I recall at one point he said Magnolia was the best film he's ever made.
He said that right after he made it. He has a whole different kind of philosophy now about cinema than he had back then. He's said many times that he doesn't think of Magnolia as his best film anymore. He thinks it's too long and too uncontrolled.

I still love Magnolia personally (and I bet he's still proud of it too), but he does have a point. It's clearly the work of a young and passionate filmmaker giving it his all while having the luxury to be completely uncensored. His great talent shines through in that film and I love it for that. I do like the way his filmmaking is evolving, though, and I like his more mature way of thinking about cinema right now.

God, I can't wait to see Phantom Thread. Less than a month to go!

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I will be seeing Phantom Thread next week. I can not wait.

I maintain Paul Thomas Anderson to be one of the most distinctively singular voices in all of American film, with an almost impeccable directorial trajectory. He started out young, full of energy, vibrant and dynamic, and this was evident in his early work (Hard Eight to Punch-Drunk Love). Then his films become somewhat more restrained, mature and aesthetically sensible (There Will Be Blood-present), moving away from the heavy Scorsese and Altman influences to that of Kubrick and Ophüls.

I can not wait to see what Phantom Thread shows us about PTA. It is reportedly more narratively and thematically accessible than his previous two films, which explains the generally more favourable and homogeneously positive reception. I think it is going to be a deceptively simple 'love' story, almost the opposite to, say, The Master and Inherent Vice in the way Anderson tells the story.

He said that right after he made it. He has a whole different kind of philosophy now about cinema than he had back then. He's said many times that he doesn't think of Magnolia as his best film anymore. He thinks it's too long and too uncontrolled.

I still love Magnolia personally (and I bet he's still proud of it too), but he does have a point. It's clearly the work of a young and passionate filmmaker giving it his all while having the luxury to be completely uncensored. His great talent shines through in that film and I love it for that. I do like the way his filmmaking is evolving, though, and I like his more mature way of thinking about cinema right now.

God, I can't wait to see Phantom Thread. Less than a month to go!
Magnolia is my least favorite PTA, and my reasons are the same as PTA's. I think the fact that he can reflect on it honestly is part of why he's so epic. That said, the movie still captures raw humanity as well as any other PTA.

I hope I am wrong, but I just don't get the fuss of Phantom Thread right now. Yeah, throw your tomatoes at me.
Well.... have you seen it?

Most of us are hyped because we like PTA. I know you don't, in which case you can eat doggy poop.

I hope I am wrong, but I just don't get the fuss of Phantom Thread right now. Yeah, throw your tomatoes at me.
Maybe you should just watch films before you judge them. Seems a bit redundant to repeat this over and over again as long as you haven't seen the film.