I recently purchased my first digital piano and have composed a song.

Tools    

If this is one of your first songs, you're gonna be more than fine.

Don't be afraid to learn some theory, if you can. You might not be but some people are. It helps though.

MUSIC THEORY IS LIKE A CRAYON BOX.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
If this is one of your first songs, you're gonna be more than fine.

Don't be afraid to learn some theory, if you can. You might not be but some people are. It helps though.

MUSIC THEORY IS LIKE A CRAYON BOX.
Much thanks for your encouraging words, Swan. Yes, it is one of my first songs - I would say it is my second. The first was somewhat long and disorganised, but nevertheless coherent enough for me to call it a piece. I wanted to keep this one short, without much repetition.

I might delve into the domain of music theory, although it really does not interest me at this stage. I tried playing other people's music on the piano (via. YouTube tutorials), and I just found myself demotivated and uninterested. I only have the drive to play the piano when I feel the need to express something within me, as corny and pretentious as that may sound. I see it more as an outlet than anything else.

I'm glad you liked the art work. I used a basic template and incorporated a photo in of my girlfriend. The photo was just a regular selfie I found on my computer, but I saw such pain and sadness behind those eyes, hence the title.

Cheers.

That's cool. This is your musical journey and first and foremost the simple creation of music is what needs to be embraced, which you are already doing. I just know with my own journey, I found learning some theory helped me improve in what I wanted to do. But you may be different.