The Disaster Artist

Tools    

I gotta see The Room before this comes out. I was just watching some clips at work and it is astounding. Actually had no idea what this movie actually was. I had heard of it but dismissed it. I am not usually a so bad it's good kind of viewer. I have to watch this train wreck though. Anyone know how I can see it without buying? I will pay for VOD, but none of my normal channels has it.

Agree with you guys about Franco. I had watched the scene used in the trailer. I told my buddy that his timing was still too good. Astounding is the only word I can think of.

I gotta see The Room before this comes out. I was just watching some clips at work and it is astounding. Actually had no idea what this movie actually was. I had heard of it but dismissed it. I am not usually a so bad it's good kind of viewer. I have to watch this train wreck though. Anyone know how I can see it without buying? I will pay for VOD, but none of my normal channels has it.

Agree with you guys about Franco. I had watched the scene used in the trailer. I told my buddy that his timing was still too good. Astounding is the only word I can think of.
Yep, it's unbelievable. Just wait until you finish it and then you think about how many subplots were introduced then abandoned immediately

Yep, it's unbelievable. Just wait until you finish it and then you think about how many subplots were introduced then abandoned immediately
THIS MAKES ME DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THE FILM.

THIS MAKES ME DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE THE FILM.
YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT??

Damn, wish i lived near you guys would be hilarious seeing it with you two haha. Watch it with friends or family i say as there are some lulls.

I don't recommend watching it alone. I've heard stories of people who watched it alone...

Anyway, enjoy the movie!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I don't recommend watching it alone. I've heard stories of people who watched it alone...

Anyway, enjoy the movie!
LOL. Alone...in the dark...at 3am?

I've never seen it, or the other wiseau movie, but now I have franco's whiney voice as an earworm.

I'm looking more forward to this in December
That that new Star Wars movie, of which Luke is a member.
I'm also waiting to see Best F(r)iends.
Which film will be better, the real Wiseau or the pretend?
I'll try not to be snide.

Which film will be better, the real Wiseau or the pretend?
The pretend one even if it's not good. Now that Wiseau is aware that something that laughably bad can be fun he has been trying to recreate it and it's just not the same, not natural at all obviously. I had to turn his show off five minutes in, was painful.

Really anticipating this.

A24, can we get a trailer for 'The Florida Project' now?
I don't know if you've seen this already, but I saw it sometime today before I stumbled into your post:

The pretend one even if it's not good. Now that Wiseau is aware that something that laughably bad can be fun he has been trying to recreate it and it's just not the same, not natural at all obviously. I had to turn his show off five minutes in, was painful.
I forgot about his show. It was painfully bad.
When he's full of himself he's no fun.
How will he fare in the new film? We'll see
If the director knows how it's done.

I'm reading the book now, and it's hysterical. Even having seen the film, and the RiffTrax version, and the live version, and having heard a lot of the stories...even with all that, the book is hilarious.

I'm reading the book now, and it's hysterical. Even having seen the film, and the RiffTrax version, and the live version, and having heard a lot of the stories...even with all that, the book is hilarious.
I should really hurry up and do this. I find it really endearing that this is basically a book about how weird Tommy is and how awful his film that meant so much to him is and yet he's still really close to Greg.

Of course the cynical side of my brain tells me it was Tommy's idea to make money or he fully approved of it to make more money, but my heart won't allow that haha.

I bought this earlier today. It's coming on Wednesday going to start right away.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
I saw this today. What a great, great film and a wonderful depiction of an elusive, eccentric yet oddly alluring alien from outer-space who had a seemingly endless supply of cash and resources to make a disastrously entertaining slice of brilliance. Franco's performance was impeccable (and it better reflect come awards season), and the remaking of The Room in the film was extremely accurate. While the film was hilarious (I laughed incessantly), it was also rather poignant and inspiring in places, and had an unexpected emotional core that gave the film a whole new dimension.

What is also great about the film is that you don't even really have to see The Room to enjoy it. I loved it, and enjoyed it immensely. An easy 9, maybe even a 10.

Do see it.