Travelling solo

Tools    

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Have you ever travelled solo before? Last month I went to the United States myself and did some exploring. Having never been overseas, interstate, or even on a plane before, I was naturally very anxious. I ended up having a fantastic time. I went to New York City and Boston. The former was an incredibly vibrant, culturally contrasting, and extremely spirited city. Everything was very alive. Being a history and politics nut, Boston was compelling for its rich history, too I attended many defining sites of the American Revolution, including Paul Revere's house. I have to say NYC was vastly superior, however, probably because it provided a fresher and more distinctive social and cultural contrast, as opposed to Boston which was still great, but felt a bit too similar and normal to Melbourne.

Travelling solo was excellent, though. Have you guys done it before?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Yes, every time. 5 times to Europe, 2 times to Australia, and once in Asia... I've always been on a plane alone, but I've traveled with people I'd meet at a hostel, etc... It's great because you're free, and at the same time, if you find someone cool, you travel until your paths change. I've couchsurfed with a friend I met at this farm, we were both already members, and we had some great times.

Where are you from originally? I'm from the US, but I've also traveled quite a bit in the States, especially in 2008, when I drove thousands of miles, don't know how I ever did that.

Where did you stay? Anything you learned that was surprising? I always say it's the people that make the place...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't like travelling, but if I had to go somewhere, I'd rather go with somebody.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Traveling is great except the traveling part!

I did 42 hours (with layovers) when I went to Australia the first time. I try to talk with the person next to me, and sometimes I've had great conversations. That is, until they fall asleep and I'm forced to keep writing, reading, and listening to music. It helps if there's a mini-TV.

Where have you been Minio? You know, I wanted to visit Poland (Krakowe in particular) but my friends' plans changed, so mine did as well. Have you heard of the "Goodbye Lenin" hostel? A friend mentioned it was pretty damn cool.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've never been abroad. I've been to Kraków, but never heard of Goodbye Lenin hostel.

I've never gone overseas by myself, just to Las Vegas and Montreal a few times and Toronto. Of course, I was going to party and I had a great time every time.

Maybe we should start a "Travel Thread" so we can stay in touch?

One thing I regret is not seeing "film stuff" from the different countries, etc., at least the museums...